Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Commander! Introduce yourself in here.
JovinTealk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jovin Tealk
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Please introduce yourself.

Postby JovinTealk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:11 am

Hello everyone,

CMDR Jovin Tealk, been playing since Jan '15, with a long hiatus just after Horizons was released. Heard about Mobius way back in the day, but just never got the change to make the leap before my extended break. I got back in recently, and started enjoying it immensely again, so I also wanted a nice environment to play in, where space wasn't so empty. I chase CGs around as well, so as you can imagine, I'm not too keen on some of the Open antics. That being said, I do like "not being taken out of the game" since I enjoy narrative experiences mostly, so a respectful environment such as Mobius seems to hit the spot.

The extra features are all new to me, so it's fun being a noob again. Combat has evolved as well since I last played, so it's been a joy to get back to flying. And I hope to fly among many of you in the future.

Klurtz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Klurtz

Postby Klurtz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Greetings folks. Klurtz here. Pretty new to the game, and I picked up Horizons after a few weeks because I just had to see what all those other little buttons and lights did. I'm usually exploring and minding my own business, but I may occasionally say hello or ask a question, hopefully not a stupid one (no guarantees.)

SweetKungfu
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Sweet Kungfu

Postby SweetKungfu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:19 pm

Salutations, Commanders.

Sweet Kungfu here. I am a brand new player learning the ropes and trying to avoid becoming cannon fodder for every pirate out there.

I am hoping to find friends while exploring the vast outreaches of space and engage in community actitivies of the non-lethal kind.

My background: born in Brussels, Belgium, currently living in Dallas, Texas (still suffering from a mild culture shock ;-). Lived virtually everywhere on this planet, so I set my eyes on virtual space for a change.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Let's keep the odds forever in our favor.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 pm

SweetKungfu wrote:My background: born in Brussels, Belgium, currently living in Dallas, Texas (still suffering from a mild culture shock ;-). Lived virtually everywhere on this planet, so I set my eyes on virtual space for a change.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Let's keep the odds forever in our favor.

Welcome to the group! :)

Funny little side note..... one of my best friends in E-D lines in Belgium and one of my other best friends in E-D lives just west of Ft. Worth TX.

I'm kinda your neighbor... in sunny AZ. 8-) (and I used to live in Austin)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, new commanders!

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to one of our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC
In game friends list for XBox US
In game friends list for XBox EU
In game friends list for PS4

If you haven't requested to join yet then please see the instructions on our join page.

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already Image.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.

Finally, if you are interested in being involved, go here to see information about our player group faction, the Order of Mobius (based at Rafferty's Mobius station in the Azrael system). We have our own Order of Mobius Twitter feed.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

GungaPT
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GungaPT

Postby GungaPT » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi guys,

Im GungaPT im from Portugal and im totally new to the game and i hope have a good journey playing this game with this great community ;)

Minamir
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Minamir

Postby Minamir » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:40 am

Greetings everyone.

CMD Minamir from Poland here. I've clocked roughly 150h in the game so far (no Hirozons yet, though) and I'm enjoying my brand new Python. I enjoyed playing ED at my own pace, without really min-maxing every module loadout or going to the credit exploit systems. I mostly do missions or RES hunting, usually in Federation space. While I enjoy multiplayer features, such as seeing the activity of other players, busy stations and RES/CG sites, but being attacked by a wing of 4 out of nowhere... not so much.

Hope to see you soon, CMDRs. o7

EliteKiller693
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: EliteKiller693

Postby EliteKiller693 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:25 am

Hey! CMDR EliteKiller693 here,
Don't let the name fool you, I'm pretty harmless. (The name was a poor attempt at sounding cool I made back when I was 15, in reference to the "Elites" from Halo. It grew on me, so I kept it) I wanted to join the Mobius PvE group when I heard about it from an E:D youtuber (can't recall which one). Ever since I started E:D I've always played solo because I've never been much good at PvP, and never wanted to risk getting my ship destroyed because some random person decided decided it would be funny to kill me. So when I heard about Mobius it sounded perfect, because I have always wanted to have the pleasure of running into other friendly players. I enjoy doing a wide variety of activities in E:D, at the moment I am several thousand lightyears out from the bubble taking a slow journey to Colonia where I plan to spend awhile exploring and sightseeing. No matter how slim the chance I enjoy the thought that I might run into a player out in deep space. Anyways, I look forward to seeing you all soon!!

TasDevil69
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: TasDevil69

Postby TasDevil69 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Greetings, fellow Commanders!
Played Elite way back in the 80's (and I did get to Elite!) and ED is a dream come true.
Been playing solo for a while, grinding and getting used to the game and watching my internet connection since I live in a rural location.
Look forward to see you in the black!

AenElle
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Aen Elle

Postby AenElle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Hello, Commanders!

I'm CMDR Aen Elle, a 23 year old from the US (Massachusetts, to be specific), and I heard of this community through reddit. After about a thousand hours in Elite, I finally decided that while spontaneous bursts of pvp were part of the game's charm, it just really wasn't for me, hence my applying for this group. I hope to become a part of it very soon, and look forward to seeing some of you out there! :)

Return to “Introductions”