Conflict Zone locations, appointments and information
CMD. Marderka
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR. Casten
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: ASP Explorer

Postby CMD. Marderka » Mon May 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Thank you very much for the suggestions and information. I will try what you have posted.

Sorry for being lazy but I've been to a few systems, plus the capital, trying to find these upgrades and cant seems to find stations with top-end modules. Any suggestions for stations near Federal space? I'm in the capital right now.

Dinas Queequeg
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dinas Queequeg

Postby Dinas Queequeg » Mon May 23, 2016 6:33 pm

I'd like to suggest an alternative. If you're planning on doing mostly combat stuff, trade in the ASP and get into a Vulture. The cost for the setup below is about what you have in your ASP, and the insurance costs are low.

Combat Vulture

I used this exact layout for quite a long time before jumping up to a FDL. You can swap out the small hull reinforcements as needed if you need an interdictor or system scanner. The Vulture is the second most maneuverable ship in the game after the Eagle, and with a pair of large Pulses, ships melt fairly quickly. Plus running energy weapons only means you can stay out indefinitely without having to reload. It's got a good bit of shield and with the Military composites and hull reinforcements, you've got a good bit of survivability once the shields go down (if they do).

Edit: Also, EDDB.io - The Elite: Dangerous Database is your best friend for finding ships and modules. Use the station search and be sure to put Li Yong-Rui in the "Powers" field. Ships and modules at their stations are 15% discounted.

CMD. Marderka
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMD. Marderka » Mon May 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Newb question: Is there a penalty for leaving a conflict zone and coming back? Can I go repair/restock ammo and come back to a conflict zone and keep fighting? Just seems like it never ends and I never get any reward for helping destroy ships. I've never seen a conflict zone 'end' and I've never received any combat bonds.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Mon May 23, 2016 9:01 pm

CMD. Marderka wrote:Newb question: Is there a penalty for leaving a conflict zone and coming back? Can I go repair/restock ammo and come back to a conflict zone and keep fighting? Just seems like it never ends and I never get any reward for helping destroy ships. I've never seen a conflict zone 'end' and I've never received any combat bonds.

No. As long as you remember to chose a faction under functions tad on right panel every time you enter

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon May 23, 2016 10:23 pm

CMD. Marderka wrote:Newb question: Is there a penalty for leaving a conflict zone and coming back? Can I go repair/restock ammo and come back to a conflict zone and keep fighting? Just seems like it never ends and I never get any reward for helping destroy ships. I've never seen a conflict zone 'end' and I've never received any combat bonds.

You can leave and enter the CZ as often as you want to. Wars go on from 3 to 28 (I think) days so the CZ will be around for a while. If you're not getting combat bonds though, something isn't right. Take a look at this guide and make sure that you are selecting a side to fight for when you enter the CZ.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104202
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

CMD. Marderka
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMD. Marderka » Fri May 27, 2016 3:21 am

Just wanted to thank all of y'all for the help with my frustrating conflict zone issue.

So I got my shields upgraded all the way. Got two gimballed pulse lasers for my med hardpoints and kept the rest of my gimballed multicannons for my four small hardpoints. Don't have enough money to buy another framshift drive to decrease wait atm but that will be the next upgrade for sure. I believe that was it for the suggestions with my ship for the most part. This has made fighting in conflict zones a little bit easier for sure and am now confident and willing to enter them. Thanks again everyone!

Return to “Conflict Zones”