Cap ship battle, you've seen the video, now see it in game!

Conflict Zone locations, appointments and information
LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Cap ship battle, you've seen the video, now see it in game!

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:05 pm

OK, so I was so peeved off after the dismal performance England put up in the 2nd half (Vs Wales, Rugby World Cup) that I fuelled up & blasted over to investigate - 'twaz only 7 jumps.

So, whilst staying perfectly 'Swiss' I shot 11 minutes of what turned out to be well-framed but disappointingly low-res footage of the 2 behemoths slugging it out. Thanks a bunch Open Broadcaster Software!

Nice though it was to watch the pretty laser-show, two observations quickly dulled the spectacle for me...

1) Those CapShips don't appear to have any shields, yet

2) No matter how hard & long they blasted away at each other, I didn't see any apparent damage to either one.

Can't help but think FD dropped the ball a bit on this one. Maybe season 3, huh? Or 4?

Anyway, after trying to supercruise through a thin planetary ring (oops! 35k mistake :( ) to check out the other HRCZ, I refuelled & done a one back to LTT 15574 & called it a night. Felt like I'd been to a heavily-toted heavyweight prize fight, only to witness a wrestling match. Not even as in WWF, more like Big Daddy v Giant Haystacks (Hope at least SOME of you know what that means!)

Don't think I'll even u/l the vid (unless asked) & on the morrow it's back to my fave pursuit, melting would be pirates who are tempted by the thought of a maybe-unarmed, cargo-heavy 'thon.

LOL & I thought the paint-job was enough of a warning to all but the terminally stupid. It's evolution, baby!

https://youtu.be/aDaOgu2CQtI
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Phreedom
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Phreedom

Postby Phreedom » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:51 pm

Here is my footage from last night. It's uncut/unedited so there are some stretches of not much happening. This is my first combat with the Cazador Gigante, she's fresh from the shipyards, so maneuvers, fire groups and such still need to be worked on and improved.

To jump to the highlights...

1:12 Enter the CZ
1:27 Capital Ship arrives
7:27 I finally realize I can probably get closer to the Cap ship if I choose its faction
9:28 some good external views of the Capital ship firing
11:35 deploy hardpoints and jump into the fight
46:25 I decide it's time to bail
48:54 dock at Foda Port

be sure to watch in 1080p60f
https://youtu.be/B9rVWea50vo

~HUD
~Ship Config
~White Anaconda
Last edited by Phreedom on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home System: Alioth / CMDR Since: Dec 2014-Mercenary Edition PC / Command Center / YouTube

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:00 am

LionOfNarnia wrote: Felt like I'd been to a heavily-toted heavyweight prize fight, only to witness a wrestling match. Not even as in WWF, more like Big Daddy v Giant Haystacks (Hope at least SOME of you know what that means!)

are you implying it was EASY, EASY, EASY? ;)

btw, this conflict has now ended :(
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

PulsarShark
Novice
Novice
CMDR: PulsarShark

Postby PulsarShark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:04 am

Phreedom wrote:You still in that system Pulsar? We can wing up and see what we can do. It would be cool to get some other Mobius group commanders in there as well.

I missed your reply that day but I'd like to see how close I can get with a wing to killing all the heat relays. Add me in game and poke me if you see me online, we can try!

PulsarShark
Novice
Novice
CMDR: PulsarShark

Postby PulsarShark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:08 am

What? That Civil War is over?? :(

Return to “Conflict Zones”