Colonia expansion, I'm an idiot.

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Colonia expansion, I'm an idiot.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:45 pm

thebs wrote:I'm hoping just over 600 shields will give me long enough to jump out of any situ.

Should do. I only had 4D shields rated 222 and managed to survive, although I did take some damage. Next trip I'll probably upgrade the PP and the shields to 5A, or add boosters, or both.

thebs wrote:** I just finished off my LW Explorer Anaconda configuration. Can jump 50ly, 40ly with 192t loaded.

I only question the 5A thrusters. Wouldn't 6D work better, due to optimal mass ratings, and increase your jump range? They may not be as hearty, or take heat damage that A rated wouldn't, but with all those AMFUs, and the ability to restock them, it would be easy to keep them maintained (also, since they can repair each other, and be restocked, why 3 AMFUs?).

Isn't a general rule that any higher class module will out perform any lower class module? But with FD always changing things, that may not apply anymore. :?

Oh, I'd also take a second SRV, especially if you like driving around on planets. If you are very careful, you can probably get buy with one, but they have been known to explode for no apparent reason.
It's time to give this another go.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:35 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
thebs wrote:I'm hoping just over 600 shields will give me long enough to jump out of any situ.

Should do. I only had 4D shields rated 222 and managed to survive, although I did take some damage. Next trip I'll probably upgrade the PP and the shields to 5A, or add boosters, or both.

Yeah, I went with 4A and an engineered Shield Booster that adds a good amount of resistance atop of the boost. I weighed 6A v. 4A + Booster and came away with the latter in weight.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
thebs wrote:** I just finished off my LW Explorer Anaconda configuration. Can jump 50ly, 40ly with 192t loaded.

I only question the 5A thrusters. Wouldn't 6D work better, due to optimal mass ratings, and increase your jump range? They may not be as hearty, or take heat damage that A rated wouldn't,

Yep, already tried 6D Thrusters, as they saved 4t over 5A. The problem? My 5A Distributor couldn't boost at all with the 6D Thrusters. The 6D Distributor, which also saved 4t over 5A, capacity was lower than the 5A Distributor as well. So I was stuck.

In fact, the 5A Distributor could barely, just barely could boost the 5A Thrusters. In fact, I was going to do Charge Enhanced, but ended up High Charge Capacity Distributors, as Charge Enhanced would have brought down the Distributor Charge so it couldn't boost with even 5A.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:but with all those AMFUs, and the ability to restock them, it would be easy to keep them maintained (also, since they can repair each other, and be restocked, why 3 AMFUs?).

Redundancy. I might drop down to 2, but they don't weigh anything and only use power when enabled. All I'm losing is a bay. I guess I could add another 32t or 64t cargo bay, but I think 192t is enough. Maybe I'll reconsider, drop the 6B AFMU and put in 64t for 256t total.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Oh, I'd also take a second SRV, especially if you like driving around on planets. If you are very careful, you can probably get buy with one, but they have been known to explode for no apparent reason.

I have 2 SRVs in my Class 4G Hanger Bay. The E:D Shipyard tool doesn't seem to be able to modify that setting. That's one of the few things I don't like about it.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

pyab
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: pyab

Postby pyab » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:50 am

is there any chance there is anyone willing to sell at least one guide once they arrive at Colonia?

as I said in OP, I signed up but couldn't possibly make it back to the bubble and then BACK to Colonia in the time scales, took more than three weeks so far and im still 2kl away.

all I want is one guide so I can contribute, I know it doesn't count as I didn't carry it all the way but will be pulling my weight in all the upcoming Colonia CG's (that don't involve going back to the bubble) don't wanna miss my place.

im not sure how it works, but imagining if I don't contribute I don't get in on the base that will be built when we are victorious, is this the case?

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 am

pyab wrote:is there any chance there is anyone willing to sell at least one guide once they arrive at Colonia?

as I said in OP, I signed up but couldn't possibly make it back to the bubble and then BACK to Colonia in the time scales, took more than three weeks so far and im still 2kl away.

all I want is one guide so I can contribute, I know it doesn't count as I didn't carry it all the way but will be pulling my weight in all the upcoming Colonia CG's (that don't involve going back to the bubble) don't wanna miss my place.

im not sure how it works, but imagining if I don't contribute I don't get in on the base that will be built when we are victorious, is this the case?

Factions and bases dont work like that in Elite. If we succeed and get a base, it'll be in name only; you wont have to be a member or anything to enter it.
At this point, those of us who say we are part of Mobius etc, are oliny saying it, there is no real way of being a part of it in game. You just support the faction by influencing the background simulation to give them an advantage.

pyab
Harmless
Harmless

Postby pyab » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:15 am

RD-83 wrote:
pyab wrote:is there any chance there is anyone willing to sell at least one guide once they arrive at Colonia?

Factions and bases dont work like that in Elite. If we succeed and get a base, it'll be in name only; you wont have to be a member or anything to enter it.
At this point, those of us who say we are part of Mobius etc, are oliny saying it, there is no real way of being a part of it in game. You just support the faction by influencing the background simulation to give them an advantage.

the info I saw when I signed up for my visa said that only members would have access to the new bases that would be constructed, so if we get one, non members will not be allowed to use it.

I know this isn't the case in the bubble but in colonia, all bets are surely off.

should I expect a response to the visa application?

im guessing nobody will sell a single guide just so I can feel better about helping?

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:55 am

Well, they did say the outpost was for exclusive use, or something like that, but I'm not sure I believe that.

Btw, I've not messed with factions, but is it only NPCs that say "Order of Mobius"? For some reason I thought you could align with minor factions.

I don't think you need to go out to Colonia. You can support a group in other ways. That being said, you don't really have an option. I'm on my way out, heading toward outpost 3 in the Eagle Nebula. I expect to be in Colonia by this weekend. I'll be happy to drop a guide for you - just in case.

pyab
Harmless
Harmless

Postby pyab » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Well, they did say the outpost was for exclusive use, or something like that, but I'm not sure I believe that.

Btw, I've not messed with factions, but is it only NPCs that say "Order of Mobius"? For some reason I thought you could align with minor factions.

I don't think you need to go out to Colonia. You can support a group in other ways. That being said, you don't really have an option. I'm on my way out, heading toward outpost 3 in the Eagle Nebula. I expect to be in Colonia by this weekend. I'll be happy to drop a guide for you - just in case.

I kinda hope it is for exclusive use, I am due in colonia tonight or tomorrow (play time dependent) and plan on staying there to help for a long time.

the trip out took ages and ages, I haven't docked at the way stations, just one big space trek, plenty of neutron stars though which was good.

I would greatly appreciate a guide if you are sure you don't mind, I am on xbox, are you?

I haven't messed with factions either, so im afraid I dunno bout the order of Mobius. in fact I had already left the bubble before I was even accepted into te xbox group so looking forward to meeting people when I get there.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:37 pm

I hadnt read that about it being exclusive but I havent followed the CG too closely.
It would be a bit rubbish if you needed a visa to be able to dcok up. I havent got one but it'd be nice to know that if I went for a holiday to Colonia in the future, I'd be allowed in because of all the guides I have shuttled to players from the station :P

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:09 pm

pyab wrote:I am on xbox, are you?

No, PC. I don't think we can instance together. <_<

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:11 pm

RD-83 wrote:I hadnt read that about it being exclusive but I havent followed the CG too closely.
It would be a bit rubbish if you needed a visa to be able to dcok up. I havent got one but it'd be nice to know that if I went for a holiday to Colonia in the future, I'd be allowed in because of all the guides I have shuttled to players from the station :P

That's why I wasn't so sure the meant it. Maybe there will be a way to align with the faction and then use the outpost. But if they are expanding, I'd like to be able to visit/trade with all of them!

Return to “Community Goals”