Colonia expansion, I'm an idiot.

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
pyab
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: pyab
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Colonia expansion, I'm an idiot.

Postby pyab » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Guys I decided to head to colonia a few weeks ago and am currently half way. When I found out about the expansion and the mobius group I applied for a visa for colonial navy, didn't know the task was to ferry stuff from the bubble. As stated in title, I am an idiot.

What should I do, drop out so someone useful can take my place?

I can't head back to bubble as would never make it to jaques in time and doubt anyone will drop tourists guides 10 key outside the bubble.

Advice please?

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Re: Colonia expansion, I'm an idiot.

Postby Relix Typhon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:32 pm

The CG is 4 weeks long so if you can be bothered, turn around and come back to LHS 3447 to get filled up with guides. Helpful commanders (like moi ;)) who are not migrating are dropping the guides outside the station.
We want nothing in return apart from a giant monument of our names seared into a mountainside, visible from the Base we helped construct :D

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:22 am

RD-83 wrote:The CG is 4 weeks long so if you can be bothered, turn around and come back to LHS 3447 to get filled up with guides. Helpful commanders (like moi ;)) who are not migrating are dropping the guides outside the station.
We want nothing in return apart from a giant monument of our names seared into a mountainside, visible from the Base we helped construct :D

Mount load more? seems fair, i loaded an anaconda with nearly 300 tonnes tonight so save me some space or find a bigger mountain ;)

Next up is loading my cutter so we have a 600 tonne store to load people quickly with, i'll be there tomorrow to do that ;)
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:51 am

AndyB wrote:I loaded an anaconda with nearly 300 tonnes tonight so save me some space or find a bigger mountain ;)

Yeah, that would be me! I think it was well over 300 tonnes, with Cypher2139 dropping many loads too.

o7 Commanders!

AndyB wrote:Next up is loading my cutter so we have a 600 tonne store to load people quickly with, i'll be there tomorrow to do that ;)

That will be awesome and super efficient.
It's time to give this another go.

AndyB
Master
Master

Postby AndyB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:58 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:That will be awesome and super efficient.

yea, the only problem is when i try and co load my second cmdr running on the same PC it crashes the client - i only managed to pick up 5 tonnes out of the first 20 dropped :(

Mobius PvE Lead Admin,

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:04 am

AndyB wrote:yea, the only problem is when i try and co load my second cmdr running on the same PC it crashes the client - i only managed to pick up 5 tonnes out of the first 20 dropped :(

Well that sucks (understatement of the year).

So does that mean you were logging in and out when switching commanders and waiting for the spawns?

AndyB
Master
Master

Postby AndyB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:34 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
AndyB wrote:yea, the only problem is when i try and co load my second cmdr running on the same PC it crashes the client - i only managed to pick up 5 tonnes out of the first 20 dropped :(

Well that sucks (understatement of the year).

So does that mean you were logging in and out when switching commanders and waiting for the spawns?

nope, if you load one client using the 64 bit link then close the launcher you can then log in to the other using the 32 bit and run both at once, to switch you just click the other elite icon in the task bar and hey presto chango your on the second account.

Mobius PvE Lead Admin,

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:14 pm

So ... I'm about to join this CG, after lightening my build with lower components and engineering a few things up, so my Anaconda has a 50ly jump range, over 40ly with 196t cargo. So what are the keys to this CG?

P.S. This will be my first adventure out more than 1,500ly.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:02 am

Keys to the CG?

You need to transport rares, Galactic Travel Guides, out to Jaques Station in Colonia.
You can only get 10 guides by yourself, so you need commanders to drop guides. A class 1 limpet collector is advised.
If you have two accounts, you may be able to load yourself.
Jaques Station is about 22,000 LY out, or about 15 times farther than you've gone before.

After you donate/sell the travel guides, you can fly back for more, stay out there, or so whatever you want.

Ideally, people will post in the "help needed" thread and arrangements can be made for loading ships. Most commanders don't seem to want/need compensation, but you may need to stock some palladium/gold to drop in exchange for rares (which cost 11,000 CR).

I'm about 100LY outside of the bubble, and I was interdicted 4 times since leaving Bluford Orbital, so be prepared to run (I'm glad I kept my shields, although some damn engineered, I assume, elite knocked those out in 1-2 shots and got a chunk of hull, too).

When I get back, hopefully by next weekend, I'll help load ship. Then I'll need loading to fly back.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:25 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote: ... You can only get 10 guides by yourself, so you need commanders to drop guides.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I have 192t to fill. **

Roger Wilco Jr wrote: Jaques Station is about 22,000 LY out, or about 15 times farther than you've gone before.
After you donate/sell the travel guides, you can fly back for more, stay out there, or so whatever you want.

I was just going to do this as a 1-way run, although I wasn't going to take too direct of a route. I was going to check out those intermediate stations though. I need to get up-to-speed on the new 2.2 course plotter too.

I plan on losing myself out there for several months, basically until 2.3 hits. This will be my first-ever deep space mission. Only been out 1,500ly max prior.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Ideally, people will post in the "help needed" thread and arrangements can be made for loading ships. Most commanders don't seem to want/need compensation, but you may need to stock some palladium/gold to drop in exchange for rares (which cost 11,000 CR).

Okay, I'll see about posting there this week when I plan to do my run.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I'm about 100LY outside of the bubble, and I was interdicted 4 times since leaving Bluford Orbital, so be prepared to run (I'm glad I kept my shields, although some damn engineered, I assume, elite knocked those out in 1-2 shots and got a chunk of hull, too).

I'm hoping just over 600 shields will give me long enough to jump out of any situ.

** I just finished off my LW Explorer Anaconda configuration. Can jump 50ly, 40ly with 192t loaded.
- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=598&p=76506#p76506
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Community Goals”