CG: Colonia Expansion - Help Needed!

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
duckofdeath
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Duck of Death
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: CG: Colonia Expansion - Help Needed!

Postby duckofdeath » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Hoping to arrive here while other CMDR's are here isn't going to work. Maybe for a few days, and then the ones who really want to chip in will end up sitting here alone at different times.
Before too many CMDR's lose interest and start doing other stuff, I really think we have got to get some sort of roster and meeting schedule going.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:35 am

I think you're right. It feels like FD dropped us in the deep end of the pool with cement shoes. I don't know what to do other than to post in this thread your intentions - kind of like what you are doing in game now, but CG related.

Shockingly enough, I was able to play a bit tonight w/o any serious controller problems. I was able to buy and equip an Anaconda and fill the hold with palladium.

Saturday, early afternoon game time, I'll be at Bluford Orbital. I'll be happy to drop palladium for travel guides, while supplies last. Then I can switch to something Bluford stocks, assuming there is anything good, while I have spare cargo space.

:)
It's time to give this another go.

duckofdeath
Novice
Novice

Postby duckofdeath » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:58 am

Maybe we should start a borderline spam campaign on places like our Facebook page and have CMDR's in on Discord and TS reminding CMDR's about it several times a day. The way Facebook posts work is, if you're not on there when someone posts something, your post might not show up in their feed for a whole day. If you post something on Discord or TS it's also "gone" from the feed 5-10 comments later.
See it like aggressive advertising. Make sure we get CMDR's who logs on, maybe not 100% what they're going to do today, a reason to log in to the game and go to Bluford and donate Galactic Travel Guides or get palladium in exchange for a few if they need the credits to cover the cost.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Well that was interesting. I flew into Bluford and there were 5-6 commanders there. I posted my intentions and didn't get a reply. I went below to change my outfitting and pick up some travel guides, and when I came back up there were no commanders. I headed out and found RD-83 about 10k out. He said he was broadcasting in local but I never saw it. I think you may need to be closer to the station for local comms to work.

He dropped 5 guides for me and I blew up 2 trying to scoop them. I was barely moving and they were centered, so I don't know what was going on there. So I went and picked up some limpets, and they blew up 4 of the next 5 he dropped! I guess you can't be moving at all. I got 10 of the next 10 before he had to leave. Thanks Commander.

I hung around about 1/2 hour and didn't see anymore commanders. I'll head back out in a bit.

Btw, those class 1 limpets will only pick up 1 canister and then die. I think it said they were supposed to be good for 420 seconds. I only tested limpets once before when mining and they'd pick up several fragments (probably better class).

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Btw, those class 1 limpets will only pick up 1 canister and then die. I think it said they were supposed to be good for 420 seconds. I only tested limpets once before when mining and they'd pick up several fragments (probably better class).

I found limpets die after one pickup if you identify a target for them. If you just send them out to the unknown they pick up anything going.

duckofdeath
Novice
Novice

Postby duckofdeath » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:02 pm

I will be at Bluford tomorrow to fill up CMDRs. I decided to fly out to Colonia with the ones I had gotten, as I was just sitting in the station alone last night :D
Send me a friend invite if I'm not on your list and you'll see roughly when I'll be back. :D

CMDR duck of death

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:39 pm

duckofdeath wrote:I will be at Bluford tomorrow to fill up CMDRs. I decided to fly out to Colonia with the ones I had gotten, as I was just sitting in the station alone last night :D
Send me a friend invite if I'm not on your list and you'll see roughly when I'll be back. :D

CMDR duck of death

this makes it sound like you only got 10, by my reckoning it was more like 150 ;)
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:25 pm

Walter wrote:
Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Btw, those class 1 limpets will only pick up 1 canister and then die. I think it said they were supposed to be good for 420 seconds. I only tested limpets once before when mining and they'd pick up several fragments (probably better class).

I found limpets die after one pickup if you identify a target for them. If you just send them out to the unknown they pick up anything going.

Damn, I think I knew that but forgot (no duh). Thanks!
Last edited by Roger Wilco Jr on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:29 am

Well, that went well after some initial problems. Don't wing up or you may have connection problems. But once things got going, it went pretty smoothly. My main problem was dumping over 400T of palladium because everyone is so rich they don't care about credits. :roll:

So I have 432 tonnes of guides and I'll head out tomorrow. Technically, I can hold 20 more tonnes - 4 for the limpet controller slot and 16 for the shields. But I think I'll keep the shields, just in case, and add a scanner, which may be useful for finding ports along the way.

When I get back, I'll try to pay it forward and see if I can help load somebody else up, before heading out again.

duckofdeath
Novice
Novice

Postby duckofdeath » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:12 am

AndyB wrote:this makes it sound like you only got 10, by my reckoning it was more like 150 ;)

Hehe, whelp, 153 tons was 150 tons less than planned. But, I felt it would be more efficient in the long run to just get them out there. Hopefully we get a more stable flow of donors as the days goes by. :D

Return to “Community Goals”