CG: Colonia Expansion - Help Needed!

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: CG: Colonia Expansion - Help Needed!

Postby AndyB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:56 am

duckofdeath wrote:
AndyB wrote:this makes it sound like you only got 10, by my reckoning it was more like 150 ;)

Hehe, whelp, 153 tons was 150 tons less than planned. But, I felt it would be more efficient in the long run to just get them out there. Hopefully we get a more stable flow of donors as the days goes by. :D

we had three there this evening helping fill an anaconda, me, me and someone else ;)
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

duckofdeath
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Duck of Death

Postby duckofdeath » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:28 am

By then I was unfortunately already halfway to Colonia. :D
I'll be back tonight to fill up for another run.
I delivered 153 tons. The total when I had delivered was 3,550 tons, by 35 CMDRs. So... We need to keep a good tempo going in the beginning, to avoid falling behind.

Jezzer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jezzer

Postby Jezzer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm in the area if anyone needs a few extra guides

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:43 am

I'm headed over to LHS 3447. Should be there 0100 GMT on the Mobius PVE (US) servers. Friend me and we can always go private group. Let me know what you want in exchange.

BTW, I'm debating whether or not to load up with 256t and drop my 6B AFMU (I have 2x 5B AFMU) or stick with 192t. Cuts over 4ly off my jump range to do so. **

This will be my first trip out more than 1,500ly, and I usually only do 500 - 1,000. I also need to get familiar with the route plotter and those surface stations on the way. But first things first, I'm going to load up.

o7 CMDR TheBS

** http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=8064,mpT4 ... UC2jw42UI0
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

duckofdeath
Novice
Novice

Postby duckofdeath » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

I'm at Bluford Orbital, in the regular Mobius group now. All by my lonesome...

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah, really need a combined Mobius/Mobius PVE group, or Mobius Colonia, for this CG. But for instancing, it really helps to be friends.

But I think I'll stick with Fleetcomm out in the new bubble, or whatever is most popular (maybe open), but not a small faction group.
It's time to give this another go.

duckofdeath
Novice
Novice

Postby duckofdeath » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Fleetcomm has turned more into a Mobius alternative for explorers. It's not really doing anything specific other than hosting more or less popular group expeditions. CCN is probably the biggest "group" out there. I guess they're sort of Mobius 2.0 for Colonia, within the Fleetcomm PvE group (groupception!). But... Mobius will grow out there too, I think. At least if this CG is successful.

ballantos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ballantos

Postby ballantos » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:17 pm

First time poster and relative noob, I've "only" put 80 hours into the game. :\

Having just gotten back from breaking in my Asp Explorer by heading out to M42, I decided to to strike out towards Sagittarius A*. Made it about 2K lights from the bubble when this CG hit. Sounds like a great time, so I turned myself around and headed back. Loaded up 10 tons of dead trees, and now I'm again about 2K lights from the bubble, this time in the direction of Colonia.

It didn't even occur to me to ask the group for help loading up. But then again, how much cargo can an Asp even carry, especially when kitted out for exploration? I'd love to make a real difference instead of contributing a rounding error, but I don't have the resources.

I'm not all-in on staying at Colonia. I've barely scratched the surface of the bubble. But I figure, I was already set to make a 50k ly round trip to the core, may as well stop over in Colonia, be able to say I contributed something, and maybe thereby earn the right to something cool out there.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

duckofdeath wrote:Fleetcomm has turned more into a Mobius alternative for explorers. It's not really doing anything specific other than hosting more or less popular group expeditions. CCN is probably the biggest "group" out there. I guess they're sort of Mobius 2.0 for Colonia, within the Fleetcomm PvE group (groupception!). But... Mobius will grow out there too, I think. At least if this CG is successful.

Unless the new Mobius group has plans for things to do in Colonia, you might well find there's little to do.

CCN organises a lot of events and the best way to find out what's going on is to sign up to the CCN Discord channels and read the local news - the Colonia Gazette: https://coloniagazette.wordpress.com/.

CCN information here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ns-Network

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:45 am

duckofdeath wrote:Fleetcomm has turned more into a Mobius alternative for explorers. It's not really doing anything specific other than hosting more or less popular group expeditions. CCN is probably the biggest "group" out there. I guess they're sort of Mobius 2.0 for Colonia, within the Fleetcomm PvE group (groupception!). But... Mobius will grow out there too, I think. At least if this CG is successful.

The last I checked, Fleetcomm had a little over 1000 members (spread all over the galaxy). I assume they have a relatively large presence in Colonia (apparently CCN included). I hope to see a lot of Mobians out there, but I don't see why they should segregate themselves into a tiny private group. Just join Fleetcomm and watch that PVE group grow - it will probably take a decade to reach 20,000 members. Anyway, it shouldn't be so lonesome that way as it is in the big bubble, and in the PVE group, no gankers. Win - Win.
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Community Goals”