Community Goal Submission: Restore CEOS (and save SOTHIS)

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Community Goal Submission: Restore CEOS (and save SOTHIS)

Postby KRRONOSS » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:14 am

Given recent events and the acts of terrorism perpetuated on CEOS and SOTHIS systems, I feel it would be a good idea to suggest a CG to FDev to save these systems. Specifically, this would encourage all players to deliver MA's to these stations to save the systems from this terrorist organisation and provide CR rewards based on % deliveries (or other mechanic, ideas welcome). Below are the details regarding such submissions:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost2555642

Can anyone assist with the submission? Specifically the lore aspect as this is not my forte.

I know there are many of us who disagree, from a philosophical standpoint, with the actions of the player group who perpetuated the UA bombing. I would appreciate any input other, more experienced and knowledgeable, CMDRs than I can provide on this.

Thx and here's hoping for some support from Mobius members, between us (all ~25,000 of us!) I am sure we can alter this disastrous course of events and right these wrongs (and save the Ceosians and Sothians!)

o7
Krronoss
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

Mercath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Mercath

Re: Community Goal Submission: Restore CEOS (and save SOTHIS)

Postby Mercath » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:30 pm

Ceos is back up and running, but this is still a good idea for future CGs.

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:02 am

Have been away from game for about a week so this is good to know, thank you!

o7
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:55 am

People fixed it themselves.
Trying to get a cg up for it is honestly just going to re-embolden the ass twats that UA bombed the stations in the first place.

So in my experience best solution. Get it back up again on the quiet and stay that way.
A massive public outcry from a group half the player base consider borderline cheaters would probably just recruit the other side and the stations would get UA bombed many times worse.

Just shut up and milk it.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:19 am

Aye, aye. Roger that. Milking re-commenced.

o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:51 am

TorTorden wrote:Just shut up and milk it.

ROFLMAO!! That's our Bob.... straight forward and direct. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:47 am

JohnLuke wrote:

Always happy to help.

And I think speak with a bit of experience, I consider myself having something like a doctorate in assholes considering I spent 8 years playing eve online.

And it boils down to that assholes crave attention to themselves or their actions, and if they don't get the attention they want (or believe they deserve) they go bored quickly and go back to trolling counter strike of COD or something
Petitioning FD to hold a CG to counter their actions is the equivalent of throwing them a parade. With more publicity than I expect they imagined they could get.
And they would use this as a call to more assholes to go UA bomb further since the last time they did it it worked.
And you would achieve a blow back effect probably far greater than the current situation.

Same principal is why we have the "name and shame" rule for in group transgressions, if these trolls get their five seconds of fame they achieve their goal.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:56 am

TorTorden wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:

Always happy to help.

And I think speak with a bit of experience, I consider myself having something like a doctorate in assholes considering I spent 8 years playing eve online.

And it boils down to that assholes crave attention to themselves or their actions, and if they don't get the attention they want (or believe they deserve) they go bored quickly and go back to trolling counter strike of COD or something
Petitioning FD to hold a CG to counter their actions is the equivalent of throwing them a parade. With more publicity than I expect they imagined they could get.
And they would use this as a call to more assholes to go UA bomb further since the last time they did it it worked.
And you would achieve a blow back effect probably far greater than the current situation.

Same principal is why we have the "name and shame" rule for in group transgressions, if these trolls get their five seconds of fame they achieve their goal.

I get what you're saying. I agree and I don't. I mean, I am sure you're an expert on assholes... ;)

The thing is, it's a lot harder to counter it with MA's than it is to UA bomb somewhere. Creating a CG just shows these dicks that most of the community aren't behind them and that people could in fact profit more from their actions than they had with long haul missions.

Anyway, it's moot now as Ceos is back up (I was using Sothis while Ceos was down anyway to make many millions) and now CEOS is immune apparently.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:24 am

TorTorden wrote:[

I completely agree. If the buttheads don't get publicity they'll move along quickly. Create a CG to correct their actions and they will attack 10 times harder.

Leave it be.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:46 am

JohnLuke wrote:I completely agree. If the asshats don't get publicity they'll move along quickly.......

*AHEM* Care to Rephrase that JohnLuke? We have NOTHING to do with them. Our good name shall not be associated with these arseholes.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “Community Goals”