Commanders killing Mobius Commanders in recent CG at Segovan

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Commanders killing Mobius Commanders in recent CG at Segovan

Postby thebs » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:50 pm

*Al* wrote:
VictoriaG wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4rxevs/13th_legion_strikes_interdimensional/

Some interesting points raised there

The reality is that Solo and other Private groups impact the universe too. Their logic makes no sense. They just don't like the idea of groups that doesn't do combat, and are easy pickings ... with over 24,000 members.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:15 pm

thebs wrote:
*Al* wrote:
VictoriaG wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4rxevs/13th_legion_strikes_interdimensional/

Some interesting points raised there

The reality is that Solo and other Private groups impact the universe too. Their logic makes no sense. They just don't like the idea of groups that doesn't do combat, and are easy pickings ... with over 24,000 members.

The reality is that I do plenty of combat, in Mobius open and solo, do not try to impose your reality on mine (or you become the 13th/code)
Are you 'easy pickings'? don't be silly.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:27 pm

*Al* wrote:
thebs wrote:
*Al* wrote:Some interesting points raised there

The reality is that I do plenty of combat, in Mobius open and solo, do not try to impose your reality on mine (or you become the 13th/code)

i think he was referring to the fact we instruct cmdrs not to return fire, not referencing skill level in any way. someone who refuses to shoot bck is always going to be easy pickings
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

*Al*
Master
Master

Postby *Al* » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:41 pm

AndyB wrote:
*Al* wrote:
thebs wrote:The reality is that Solo and other Private groups impact the universe too. Their logic makes no sense. They just don't like the idea of groups that doesn't do combat, and are easy pickings ... with over 24,000 members.

i think he was referring to the fact we instruct cmdrs not to return fire, not referencing skill level in any way. someone who refuses to shoot bck is always going to be easy pickings

Sorry Andy I disagree with him.

Plenty of ways to not be easy pickings without firing on other players. I fly in Mobius because I enjoy the company of the people in the group. I feel like a bit of combat though so I might go Legion hunting.

*Al*
Master
Master

Postby *Al* » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:05 pm

General apology.

Did not mean to come over aggressive (meds not working)

This group is great, nice people.

Once I can type again I will catch up

elliesims
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ellie Sims

Postby elliesims » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Thanks everyone especially Remo. It's just nice to know this is an isolated event. I'd love to stick with this group. I might drop into private for this CG. Although I can absorb the loss I can't afford it too many times. Why do people behave like that in a group to get away from it.

thebs
Master
Master

Re: RE: Re: Commanders killing Mobius Commanders in recent CG at Segovan

Postby thebs » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:37 pm

AndyB wrote:
*Al* wrote:
thebs wrote:The reality is that Solo and other Private groups impact the universe too. Their logic makes no sense. They just don't like the idea of groups that doesn't do combat, and are easy pickings ... with over 24,000 members.

Indeed, to clarify, I meant no PvP Combat, not no combat at all.
I also and further mean that Mobius CMDRs will assume another CMDR "accidentally fired" on us. In fact, that's what I thought, and just kept running for the station, not really caring. Other Mobius CMDRs will merely try to get the CMDRs name, and believe it is an isolated incident.

*Al* wrote:General apology.
Did not mean to come over aggressive (meds not working)
This group is great, nice people.
Once I can type again I will catch up

No apology needed, I didn't take any offense. I should have clarified my statements.

elliesims wrote:Thanks everyone especially Remo. It's just nice to know this is an isolated event. I'd love to stick with this group. I might drop into private for this CG. Although I can absorb the loss I can't afford it too many times. Why do people behave like that in a group to get away from it.

It's very, very isolated. This is my first time running into it after being around a good 3 months, although I only have around 300-350 hours logged into the game total over the last year.

As I said, they (13th Legion) just like the idea that CMDRs will assume the engagement is accidental ... until it's almost too late. The initial barrage can mean everything ... and make it a very unfair fight very quickly, by the time the Mobius CMDR realizes it's not accidental. For them to say Mobius unfairly helps/hurts the universe (depending on their viewpoint) is utterly false, or in the greater context, is no different than Solo and other Private groups. Both Solo and other, Private groups also affect the universe.

They (13th Legion) really need to look at Mobius, like any other Private group where CMDRs work together ... It's the Co-Opt mode of Elite, Mobius being the one with random pairings of tens of thousands of users. If they have a problem with Mobius, then they have a problem with all CMDRs in all Solo or Private group instances that don't shoot at one another ... which is far more the case than not!

In any case ... I'm not looking for Guild Wars or Eve On-line. If I was, I'd play them instead.
Last edited by thebs on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

remowilliams
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: remo_williams

Postby remowilliams » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:24 am

*Al*
Master
Master

Postby *Al* » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:41 am

Interesting

thebs
Master
Master

Empire initiated lockdown - WAS: CG Wing Up (in Private Group)?

Postby thebs » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:38 pm

EDIT (final): Empire initiated lockdown. I noted the system was contested now too. Interesting game mechanics.
- Bug (but not a Bug): https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... in-Segovan
- Further Discussion: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... s-Thread-6

I'm getting on right now (2245 UTC, 2345 CET, 1845 US EDT, 1545 US PDT) if anyone is in interested in Winging up for the CG. I've been running Gallium from Tsongoris (Meikle Dock) for a profit of ~1500/ton to Segovan and back with Lepidolite for a profit of ~400/ton. My Private Group is, of course, my CMDR name (TheBS), but just let me know yours if you'd rather me join yours.

Unless, of course, the "all clear" has been declared when it comes to the CG and Mobius / Mobius PvE (I'm normally in the latter).

Return to “Community Goals”