Bringing Home The Bacon

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
SNaomiScott
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Concubine
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Bringing Home The Bacon

Postby SNaomiScott » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Preparation for 'Bacon Protests' Anniversary Underway

Today, a spokesperson for the Bacon Cats, a cooperative of independent pilots, addressed plans to host a spectacular celebration to mark the upcoming anniversary of the so-called 'Bacon Protests'. The spokesperson, Julissa Silver, released the following statement:

"It's true that we're planning something special. We invite everyone to come together, in a spirit of celebration, to commemorate the repeal of the ill-thought-out and short-lived prohibition laws here in the Carnoeck system. There will be many historic exhibits and displays, but most importantly there will be free bacon and libations for all visitors."

Import demands in Carnoeck have hit new highs in recent weeks, and demand for goods continues to rise while locals speculate about the nature of the celebrations. One shuttle pilot was quoted as saying: "Beer and liquor are flying out of depots faster than pilots can bring them in! It's going to be one heck of a party."

Members of the Bacon Cats have said that the celebrations will be positive and respectful, but some news outlets have raised concerns about the event, predicting astronomical policing costs, and speculating that it could attract pirates and other unwanted elements to the Carnoeck system.

Commander Andius Solon

Julissa Silver
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Julissa Silver

Re: Bringing Home The Bacon

Postby Julissa Silver » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm Julissa Silver, and I endorse this thread. Credit to my brother for letting me use his commander name for post authorage.

Bacon, please!
Vice-Deputy Sub-Assistant and Honourary Cider Drinker of The Drunks of Sol (Empire Chapter).

Cmdr Space Madness
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Space Madness

Postby Cmdr Space Madness » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:43 am

I find this profoundly disturbing and really quite delightful. For some reason I'm picturing a type 9 full of delicious smoked meat colliding with the docking entrance and sending a 500 ton shotgun blast of the stuff spewing into the landing area as it disintegrates from the impact. Definitely not kosher.
Hurtling through the cosmos in another turgid episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGsP8soCrSE

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:05 am

Bacon is candy, but Liquor is dandy?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:30 pm

My statement of support.....

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:30 pm

wow, the narcotics goal simply refuses to pass tier 1 - it always seems to be hovering a hair's breadth away from crossing the line without ever doing so

i get the feeling it's a little out of balance. i'm assuming the threshold for tier 1 is 500,000t, but by the goal's very nature (smuggling) it would be undertaken by light fast ships with small loads, which means that although tiers 1 and maybe 2 might get passed, any others are probably unlikely. time will tell, i guess.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Julissa Silver
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Julissa Silver

Postby Julissa Silver » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:56 pm

I do want to point out that the 'narcotics' description is a little misleading. Any of the "Legal Drugs" category, including Beer, Wine, Liquor all also count. If you want to mass-push that particular goal (and I encourage everyone to do so) you can easily haul 400+ tons of wine and beer at a time all night long from several systems close by. :)
Vice-Deputy Sub-Assistant and Honourary Cider Drinker of The Drunks of Sol (Empire Chapter).

clivewil
Master
Master

Postby clivewil » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:12 pm

oh, i have been - but taken at face value, it's a smuggling job. i've been carting 400t loads of beer and wine from the wotsitsface system nearby (Blenkfimp? Blartflop? Bullshrimp? something weird) and had just added an extra 1,200t to my tally but even that didn't cause it to break tier. i have around 5,000t in total for the narc goal, and around 3,000t for the bacon one (and the bacon goal also accepts fish, as i found out)

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:40 pm

The rewards have been upped.. so now it is 1 mil for top 10%
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

clivewil
Master
Master

Postby clivewil » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:03 am

Mouse wrote:The rewards have been upped..

excellent! i might make my way back again and cart more goodies, seeing as the OoM didn't get included in 1.4.

i think i was in top 15% bacon, top 5% narcotics yesterday when i left

Return to “Community Goals”