ENDED - Protect The Refugees

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Protect The Refugees

Postby clivewil » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:49 pm

wow had a really difficult time getting a decent instance on this today, probably got 2 good ones out of around 120 - 150 shit ones - yes i did spend hours just going reset instance, check spawns, reset, check, refuckingset, check, ad nauseum

i think this goal is going to break the final tier very soon - i fell 200k short of my 8 mil target, but might still be enough time to go do some more - i REALLY want to stay in the top 5% when it finishes, i need the money badly

i'm guessing the reason it was done this way, i.e. only accepting bounties from the local faction, is so the usual crowd don't save up all their Empire bounties, and sign up then immediately cash in 100 mil's worth of contributions? - like they normally do...

----> goal is completed. 15 mil payout <3 <3 <3 excellent.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:42 am

We had the same problem with the high RES. Besides, that RES was really ugly. Glad the CG is done! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

clivewil
Master
Master

Postby clivewil » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:55 am

if you're not already Elite in combat, did you by any chance notice your combat rank increasing faster than normal?

cmdr clivus (who is only Dangerous) gained about 30% or so from that goal, and i was only in the goal for about a day, and like mentioned before i spent a lot of that time quitting and resetting. 30% seems like an unnaturally high increase

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:11 am

clivewil wrote:if you're not already Elite in combat, did you by any chance notice your combat rank increasing faster than normal?
cmdr clivus (who is only Dangerous) gained about 30% or so from that goal, and i was only in the goal for about a day, and like mentioned before i spent a lot of that time quitting and resetting. 30% seems like an unnaturally high increase

Had the same experience, though I would love to get away from Master :) Earned almost 30%, which might not be that unusal considering the bouties I earned, but the strange thing was that it went up more when I earned some 600k than when I made some 6 mil. Even though the 600K consisted of mostly (=many many) Master/Dangerous/Deadly Eagles, Adders and such.
That was strange.

clivewil
Master
Master

Postby clivewil » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:42 am

i am just wondering whether it might be worth returning to that system again to rank up - or if FD somehow implemented some 'extra XP' just for the duration of the goal and it's now back to normal

Return to “Community Goals”