ONGOING - The War Against Emperor's Dawn (Maausk - Mauusk)

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

ONGOING - The War Against Emperor's Dawn (Maausk - Mauusk)

Postby Grifs » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:11 am

Yep, almost two weeks of nothing but combat CGs.

For the Dakshmandi CG, see here.

Zadkiel
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Gameson

Re: ONGOING - The War Against Emperor's Dawn (Maausk - Mauusk)

Postby Zadkiel » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Hey all, been in Mobius for a while, but first time poster. Wanted to ask for some advise on how to deal with an anti-social CMDR.

I hunted at this CZ CG quite happily for 3-4 hours last night, there was usually between 4-6 of us there, with people cycling in and out all the time. Everything was great, not much was being said, but everyone was being considerate of everyone else, no kill-stealing, or (when pickings were slim with 6 of us there) taking more than their 'fair share'. I was genuinely impressed with how everyone was mature and considerate of each other.

And then, some time around 1am I think, after things had quietened down due to the lateness of the hour, a CMDR turned up in an Anaconda (not that unusual, probably fully 50% of the CMDRs that evening had been in condas), but unlike all the other commanders he/she was extremely anti-social - constantly kill stealing and dominating all the spawns. At first I thought he/she was just not paying attention and targetting without looking, but after a while I decided they might be doing it deliberately, after they kill-stole from me 9 times in a row, with me deliberately trying to move away from them and pick targets the furthest away from them, they seemed to be following me.

I got so annoyed I called them out in local. I made a mistake in that I let my annoyance show and called them 'asshole' which of course just escalated the situation. The CMDR then said:

1) It was My fault for not having an Anaconda to compete with them.
2) They had been about to leave, but now they knew they were annoying me, they were going to stay and do it for longer

I decided to switch to solo. A huge shame as up until that point it had been probably my best experience of playing in Mobius. Any advice on how to deal with someone like that?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Thanks for posting this! I'm working the CZ, and I see that several other Mobius commanders are doing the same.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Zadkiel wrote:I decided to switch to solo. A huge shame as up until that point it had been probably my best experience of playing in Mobius. Any advice on how to deal with someone like that?

Sorry to hear that you were harassed. :x

Feel free to PM one of our admins regarding the details of what happened. Here's the contacts list.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:04 am

Sorry to hear this. Pretty rude, I must say.
Shame 'conda CMDR, shame. Rather than respond in that anti-social manner, an offer to wing up is the right thing to do and share the love.

.SaInT.
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: .SaInT.

Postby .SaInT. » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:20 pm

T1 Finally reached :)

Return to “Community Goals”