Ceti Security Initiative

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Ceti Security Initiative

Postby JohnLuke » Mon May 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Thanks for the tip on RES BH at Epsilon Ceti, Ziegenbagel. ;)

I've visited the RES's a few times today.... the spawning has been much slower than what I'm used to at other locations but I'm working it. I'm talking about ships in general in the RES, not necessarily the big ships. Seems sparsely populated to me. BTW, I've killed a few Vipers today there that are worth almost $50k each. Not bad for the 8-10 seconds it takes to kill a Viper with my Vulture. 8-)

I will bounce beween Mobius group and solo at the RES's in Epsilon Ceti for the next couple of hours this afternoon. If someone is new to bounty hunting or new to wings and wants to join me in the RES, message me in game. I won't be able to play much at all during the week, so I know that I won't rank very high on meeting the CG goal. Hopefully I can help a fellow Mobius member today. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Talyn
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Benjeth
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Talyn » Mon May 25, 2015 8:04 pm

First post on the forums (Hi! lol) but I've been hunting twice today so far. I've seen a few Mobius pilots out there both in the CG station and in a couple RES'. I winged with Cmdr Dirk this morning for awhile, got a little over 200k total before the instance seemed to stop spawning anything. Just went out again and got over 300k worth of bounties but the final Anaconda I killed shot me up pretty bad (got the "canopy compromised" warning and 35% hull integrity) so I figured that was a good enough time to take a break and stretch my legs.

Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Cmdr Deasus Ziegenbagel

Postby Ziegenbagel » Mon May 25, 2015 9:28 pm

I've only had my shields go down once since I got my vulture and that was when I accidentally shot a guy before you registered as wanted and had around 10 security forces who all started shooting at me all at once lol. In this system I just jump around between the three RES if one is slow. But every hour or less I start getting large 100k+ bounties every couple minutes. Also helps that I'm hostile with the pirate faction now. I had three Anacondas all jump in within 5 minutes earlier. Turned in another over 3 mil :) just trying to keep in the 5% :)

Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Ziegenbagel » Mon May 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Most of the time the big game comes right at me and scans me it's nice :)

Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII

Postby Senex VII » Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Tetekhe system has good RESs. Advantages: Close-by single jump, good spawn rate of larger ships (even on approach, when they may interdict you), and platform in same system to pay off fines in case you get wanted. Disadvantage: Not well illuminated, even on day side, so watch those roids!

Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Ziegenbagel » Mon May 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Being in dark sides in ReS is bad! When it starts to get dark I just run to the next RES lol. Nice thing about this sector is the close 3 RES by the station to refuel and rearm. I see a lot of people must use Vulture to Bouny Hunt. Traffic report of system is 305 vultures :p

Casey Casem
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Casey Casem

Postby Casey Casem » Mon May 25, 2015 10:32 pm

The best RES nearest Autahenetsi is BD-15 447. It's only 15.23 Ly away and has 3 res that are not too bright but well lit and along the same ring system.

Set a course for Good Enterprise since RES won't show up when you first arrive in system. Good Enterprise is a full service dock within 50Ls away. Be sure to only submit your Fed bounty at the CG dock

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon May 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Worked the RES in Epsilon Ceti this afternoon, and had sporadic spawnings. Decent for a while, then just seemed to stop. My wingman and I just jumped out and back in a few times to get decent spawns. Turned in $1.8 mil in federation bounties, which put me in the top 15% for now. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Ziegenbagel » Mon May 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Someone on this game must not have slept yet or has a good RES area cause I'm in 5% with around 10mil collected but the overall collection is close to 5 billion credits!

Morwys
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Morwys

Postby Morwys » Tue May 26, 2015 2:02 am

I've tried many of the systems mentioned here. All good. Best one, however, is LHS 1228. Just one RES, 675Ls from arrival point, currently on the bright side of the ring of LHS 1228 4 - system has got major reserves, so the spawn rate is usually heavy ships (it can take a few reloads to get a big ship only spawn, but I consistenly got one). Made nearly 4.5 million credits in about 3~4 hours.

Obviously, solo/group play is recommended.

Return to “Community Goals”