ENDED - Waging War

Talk about community goals and organise co-op play for them.
de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: ACTIVE - Waging War

Postby de Carabas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:05 am

Daniel Dakota wrote:The CG at Aoki Dock has just passed Tier 1 :)

What are the current rewards? (I'm at work and can't check)

EDIT: I see they've been posted in the main forum

Top Commander - 10,000,000
Top 5% - 6,000,000
Top 15% - 4,000,000
Top 40% - 2,000,000
Top 70% - 1,000,000
Top 100% - 60,000

Hmm. I think that has helped me to make the decision to go exploring again.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby blazingmaniac » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:56 am

So how does the final reward work? Currently I am top 5%, do I get that payment (6 million) no matter or is it dependent on where you actually finish at the end of the CG ? Sorry for the questions, it's my first CG.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:07 am

blazingmaniac wrote:So how does the final reward work? Currently I am top 5%, do I get that payment (6 million) no matter or is it dependent on where you actually finish at the end of the CG ? Sorry for the questions, it's my first CG.

If you slip backwards in the list then you get the reward at the lower % BUTthe rewards at each % band can increase if a higher tier is reached. So, you mightbe able to do nothing more, slip down the rankings but still come out with more than the current 6 million.

Now the rewards have been dangled there may be a few more CMDRs going for the top rankings but there are a few posts on the main forum of people saying that it feels a small reward for the effort put in so far. Who knows how many people are going top keep pushing to get those bounties? :D

Personally, I got into the 70% and I've decided to spend the next few days exploring to increase my rank in that area as I have now maxed out my Empire reputation at Earl. BTW, I got the last ranking missions having found three (yes three) war zone ship hunting missions on the bulletin board for that system. Each killed counted to all three missions which was great for completing the missions and for reputation.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:15 am

Ahhh I guessed that might have been the case. It does seem a lot of effort for a fairly average reward I must admit. Will see how much further effort I can be bothered with :)
Thanks for letting me know.

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Horrible rewards.

Jacob Jones
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Uriahs

Postby Jacob Jones » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Nanosmo wrote:Horrible rewards.

Must admit kind of agree but there I am doing it. Good opportunity to meet other CMDR's.

Really like to get back out into the Dark again. However it seems I am hooked on this story arc.

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Nanosmo wrote:Horrible rewards.

I wonder if they've tweaked the CG goals down in preparation for the greater variety in Powerplay. Maybe there will be scalable rewards based on standing in future

Daniel Dakota
Expert
Expert
CMDR: DanDak

Postby Daniel Dakota » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Too much lag to play in Mobius group so far today, but I'm still in BV Phoenicis shooting stuff :)

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Seems to be a lot of lag around that area in anything but Solo. Thousands of players in one area of the galaxy will do that. ^_^

Cargobane
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cargobane

Postby Cargobane » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi mates,
Just registered here because the other night I was in the CZ for Mobius. There were a few other CMDR's around and there was some great fun.
I tried to help a few take down some targets. And then a Red CMDR showed up.

Next thing next in the middle of the fire storm, and we end up dueling. I don't know whether he or I started it. It just started.
We ended up not killing each other though, because I got a Matchmaker Disconnect. I was not winning, but it was serious back and forth battle that lasted about 15minutes at least and I felt the tide turning back in my favor. So i was bummed about the D/C.

But then, afterward, I finally look at my Comm Log and a CMDR (not sure if it was the one I was fighting) is yelling about "No you didn't just do that" and "Are you going to apologize now" (paraphrase but something like that). And I felt bad because I didn't see any messages during the battle. (Because I was too busy trying not to die). And I'm not even sure what the CMDR's name was that was battling.

So anyway, if you where there, and that was me, and that was you. I'm sorry. I saw RED. It was a cool fight and I had a lot of fun.

(And hello 1st Post)

Return to “Community Goals”