Wing for new (or veteran) players

Looking for other players in game? Want to tell us where you are in game? Meet here! Ad-hoc wings.
GileonFletcher
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Gileon Fletcher
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Wing for new (or veteran) players

Postby GileonFletcher » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:28 pm

I just started the game (after getting interested in it from CohhCarnage's Twitch stream) and am about five hours in. Fully fitted Eagle with mostly A grade stuff and am about two jumps away from the start. I can definitely see how this game benefits from multiplayer to relieve some of the feeling of the grind.

I'm looking to put together a wing of people who are relatively new (or veterans if they want to play along) and just want to have fun in the game doing a little bit of everything. I'm not trying to find the fastest way to grind to the best ship in the game, but rather "experience" the game. I live on the east coast of the US (GMT -5 currently) so would normally be playing towards the end of the work day (6-9pm EST, 23-2 GMT), but I have a little flexibility there.

CMDR Gileon Fletcher, feel free to send an invite if you're interested :)

Dai
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Dai Sho

Re: Wing for new (or veteran) players

Postby Dai » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Hello Gileon,

Looks like you and are are playing around the same time in the evenings. I just recently came back to ED after a hiatus and I am relearning everything. I am currently in empire space doing a little bit of everything. I will send you a friend invite this evening. I take it that you are in the mobius pve group right?

I also hang out on TS3 in the Riff Raff channel. Most of the folks in that channel are playing in the European Mobius group.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
--Oddball, Kelly's Heroes

Linolea Lomadéboron
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Linolea Lomadeboron
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Linolea Lomadéboron » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:10 pm

What is the benefit of joining a wing?
Do we fight a great or big battle against another wing?

I'm also new, driving also an Eagle and I'm grinding for my next ship.

Sorry, but your Wing is probably not the best one for me, 'cause i'm playing mostly in the afternoon (central european time).

GileonFletcher
Harmless
Harmless

Postby GileonFletcher » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Dai wrote:Hello Gileon,

Looks like you and are are playing around the same time in the evenings. I just recently came back to ED after a hiatus and I am relearning everything. I am currently in empire space doing a little bit of everything. I will send you a friend invite this evening. I take it that you are in the mobius pve group right?

I also hang out on TS3 in the Riff Raff channel. Most of the folks in that channel are playing in the European Mobius group.

Yeah I'm in the group. I'm somewhere within 100ly of the starting system (and have since put about 25 hours in), but I have a decent jump range so I can move around. I don't have TS yet, but it might be worth downloading (although I do like the in-game comms effects). Is the Riff Raff channel apart of this forum's channels? Never mind, found it. I'm hovering in the AFK channel for the time being while doing other things.

Linolea Lomadéboron wrote:What is the benefit of joining a wing?
Do we fight a great or big battle against another wing?

I'm also new, driving also an Eagle and I'm grinding for my next ship.

Sorry, but your Wing is probably not the best one for me, 'cause i'm playing mostly in the afternoon (central european time).

Wing usefulness is actually somewhat limited; players in wings can't run the same missions (come on FD), but they can work together on other things like bounty hunting, mining, planet exploration, PVP in open play, etc. Yeah you're probably asleep by the time I play haha, no worries. An Eagle is a great start, but it makes everything after it feel like flying a tank because it's so quick and maneuverable.

Dai
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Dai » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Had a blast flying with you last night, we had some good bounties. :)
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

XenoXHostility
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: XenoXHostility

Postby XenoXHostility » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm a little over a thousand ly out but on my way back. Once I am I'd be happy to do some bounty hunting.

GileonFletcher
Harmless
Harmless

Postby GileonFletcher » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:00 pm

XenoXHostility wrote:I'm a little over a thousand ly out but on my way back. Once I am I'd be happy to do some bounty hunting.

We did comms via the TS3 server so if you see us both feel free to jump in whenever. I'm kind of busy for the next few days due to work so not sure how much I'll be playing, but if we happen to cross paths then sure thing.

We both took like 40% hull damage to an Anaconda before getting 200k+ credits after the wing split for hunting him, so we had an interesting time.

Dai
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Dai » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Indeed we did, I have upgraded to an A rated vulture for our next run though, so should be easier.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:44 am

Dai wrote:I have upgraded to an A rated vulture for our next run though, so should be easier.

I'm glad that I got the chance to wing with you yesterday, Dai. Sorry I dented and scratched your shiny new Vulture (more than once) with my fat ass ship. :oops: Hopefully some credits from the hunt will cover the cost of the body work. :lol:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Dai
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Dai » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Hehe,

I know a good paint and body man, he was able to knock it back into shape quick enough. :)

Return to “Meeting Point”