Bounty Hunting Help? (Kremainn area)

Looking for other players in game? Want to tell us where you are in game? Meet here! Ad-hoc wings.
zpdc10
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ZPDC10
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Bounty Hunting Help? (Kremainn area)

Postby zpdc10 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Hello Mobius Players!

I recently was forced to restart my elite career do to a very sad event and i was wondering if anyone would be willing to set up a bounty hunting group to help me grind back the money more quickly.(https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous ... i_screwed/ go here for more info)

I am currently in Kremainn with a Cobra mk3.
Let me know if you want to help me out.

CMDR zpdc10 is my username. shoot me a friend request

Edit: I know i screwed up. it was my fault and i'm not asking for charity. I was just wondering if anyone with some big guns could help me with some bounty hunting.

Edit 2: I also just remembered i'm leaving to go camping today, so i wont actually be available to play at all until monday... This is my fault. Sorry for the delay. (For anyone who wanted to help me, that is.)

Edit 3: Thanks for all the support guys! i didn't think i would get anyone willing to help me out! Wish i could play sooner....

Edit 4: I am back early from camping! and i have flown back to Kremainn.
Last edited by zpdc10 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:20 am, edited 6 times in total.

AJH
Competent
Competent
CMDR: AJH
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Bounty Hunting Help?

Postby AJH » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:13 am

Ceos/Sothis is your friend. You can make 10s of millions of credits in a day or two and once you are up to bigger ships, you can make 100 million credits in a day.

zpdc10
Harmless
Harmless

Postby zpdc10 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:05 am

AJH wrote:Ceos/Sothis is your friend. You can make 10s of millions of credits in a day or two and once you are up to bigger ships, you can make 100 million credits in a day.

It would take me a day at least just to get there... ;n;

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:58 am

zpdc10 wrote:
AJH wrote:Ceos/Sothis is your friend. You can make 10s of millions of credits in a day or two and once you are up to bigger ships, you can make 100 million credits in a day.

You've spent at least 18 days with this situation.. Don't fly if you can't afford to lose. It's not like the grind will be the same. Just do it already and don't wait for someone to grind it for you.

Go grind missions. You could've been back to a proper ship in 18 days already. A fuel scoop and a small ship could've gotten you to Ceos/Sothis by now. You don't lose ranks when you lose ships.
Am i screwed? (self.EliteDangerous)
submitted 18 days ago by zpdc10

zpdc10 [S] 2 points 18 days ago
well in this case, goodbye fellow Elites. It was nice knowing you.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:08 am

At work right now. Sure i could try my python in res in 8 or so hours. If you are in Mobius(not mobiuspve) or if i can equip a vulture near kremainn. If we are in same group its possible to find me as Orkekum

And cobra mk3 is good. Do some missionboard cargohauling meanwhile

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:11 am

Darr Valen wrote:
zpdc10 wrote:

You've spent at least 18 days with this situation.. Don't fly if you can't afford to lose. It's not like the grind will be the same. Just do it already and don't wait for someone to grind it for you.

Go grind missions. You could've been back to a proper ship in 18 days already. A fuel scoop and a small ship could've gotten you to Ceos/Sothis by now. You don't lose ranks when you lose ships.

About sothis ceos. Its a long trip and i understand if some dont want to do it. Not even i can be bothered with it because its damn long with pirates sniffing your tail. Plus some missions require a lot of cargo. And you need to have good reputation there. So need to do low paying paper jobs between the two systems in order to get your reputation up. I did that in an addr when i first had a clipper over there. I understand if e wants to stay in the bubble. And he asked for help bountyhunting. Now grab a vulture for 20 million and go help him!

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:27 am

Orkekum wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:
zpdc10 wrote:

About sothis ceos. Its a long trip and i understand if some dont want to do it. Not even i can be bothered with it because its damn long with pirates sniffing your tail. Plus some missions require a lot of cargo. And you need to have good reputation there. So need to do low paying paper jobs between the two systems in order to get your reputation up. I did that in an addr when i first had a clipper over there. I understand if e wants to stay in the bubble. And he asked for help bountyhunting. Now grab a vulture for 20 million and go help him!

My point, which I guess you ignored, was he's spent 18 days trying to find someone to do what he could have.. He asked on reddit and now here. Also, not a fan of the vulture or begging, so no thanks. He/She could have equipped a scanner and made that in 18 days. That doesn't require leaving the bubble either. There are plenty of ways to have made 20 million, or even 1 million, in 18 days of playtime.. unless of course, you want someone else to do the heavy lifting.

zpdc10
Harmless
Harmless

Postby zpdc10 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:46 am

I took a short break from the game. I didn't start playing again until maybe 2 days ago, and it hasn't been my main focus.

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert

Postby Darr Valen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:32 pm

zpdc10 wrote:

I took a short break from the game. I didn't start playing again until maybe 2 days ago, and it hasn't been my main focus.

I called your motives into question since as I quoted you from Reddit, you said you were done, seemingly because no one was willing to grind you back to the ship you had. Hell, I still call them into question. You're in a Cobra MKIII. That's plenty good enough to grind missions back to an FDL in a few weeks. Go out, shoot stuff, get paid. Drop into threat 1 instances. Do some smuggling. trade. You can do the rare run in a Cobra MKIII.

Or don't. Those are your options, realistically. Put in a modicum of work, or don't. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Learn the hard lesson of risking it all impulsively, and get back to where you were before. Or don't.

AJH
Competent
Competent
CMDR: AJH

Postby AJH » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:09 pm

zpdc10 wrote:It would take me a day at least just to get there... ;n;

With an A rated FSD, you can make it to ceos/sothis in a cobra mk 3 in about 20 minutes. Flying just data missions between then will get you atleast a million per hop as they average at least 50,000 a pop for data delivery between them. After a couple times of that, you can afford an Asp Explorer with enough cargo to do the smuggling runs that give 6-7 million for a single hop and by then you will have repped up enough to be getting an average of closer to 100k per data mission. (Averaging about 3 million per trip back and forth). You could probably be back in an FDL within 5 days.

Return to “Meeting Point”