The Adventures of the A-Team

Looking for other players in game? Want to tell us where you are in game? Meet here! Ad-hoc wings.
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

The Adventures of the A-Team

Postby Loriath » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:34 am

We are the A-Team.

In 3301, a bunch of Asshats were sent to an Asylum, accused of being completely bonkers when they were only a bunch of misfits, drunks and idiots trying to have some fun. These Commanders promptly escaped from The Maximum Security Loony Bin to the Mobius Underground. Today, still wanted by the Lunatic Asylum management for not paying their bar tab, they survive as soldiers of Mis-fortune.
If you have a problem, if no one else thinks you're sane, and if you can find them, maybe you can Join... the Asshat-Team.

We travel the Galaxy (Not really, I think we have been to 3 systems so far) in search of Adventure (mostly drinks, preferably free drinks) helping those less fortunate (and by less fortunate, we mean willing to buy us drinks and pay our repair bills; actually pay both and we are good) in our never ending goal of showing others how being in the presence of daft inept arses can be fun and profitable (well maybe not profitable, but at least fun).

If you want to join us, you need to know the secret handshake (Shake our hands and pass us enough credits to buy a round) and be willing to allow your inner "12 year olds with Dirtbikes" mentality (Thanks for that apt explanation Tor!) to shine.

We are always online (not always, but if you see us and want to join up, just message us) and we are always available (at least when Kharma is sober enough to find the power button on his PC, Dawg is awake enough after stuffing himself with Curry, and Loriath has managed to feed the dogs, let out the cat, and gotten permission from his wife to "play with those idiots in that game") to provide the Mobius group with free entertainment (its not free, you have to buy at least the first round, preferably 2 rounds).

We are:

Commander "Never met a free drink I didn't like" Kharma

Commander "I can't get out of my Turret and the Curry is starting to kick in. HALP!" Dudley_Dawg

Commander "Hold my Beer, this is gonna hurt. Again." Loriath.

Commander "Why did my wheel fall off?, I was only doing 40 down that hill" TorTorden

If you want to know more about what we do, you can read our posts here and see that life in the Elite Dangerous Galaxy isn't all about credits, exploration and Pew Pew.
Last edited by Loriath on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: The Adventures of the A-Team

Postby TorTorden » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Again you leave me out :(

Commander "Why did my wheel fall off?, I was only doing 40 down that hill" TorTorden

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:55 pm

TorTorden wrote:Again you leave me out :(

Never left you out! Read it again! Cmdr. Senility or what!

:P

Hey, you write your own ticket in the A-Team. The only condition is to have a condition!
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Loriath wrote:
TorTorden wrote:Again you leave me out :(

Never left you out! Read it again! Cmdr. Senility or what!

:P

Hey, you write your own ticket in the A-Team. The only condition is to have a condition!

That's easy, never run out of spirit(s) :D

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Well it was a solo adventure and the short of it, I am now persona non grata in ugriviri.

I have for the last few weeks been making use of the hazardous resource sites there, since I get to get my murder on for profit and the miners rescued in the nick of time from marauding pirates, get real appreciative when you cajole them into the local bar.
Thus keeping my bar tab relatively low.

Well last night I overheard this lankey suit talk to a smiley limey in hushed tones about this little bootleg whisky operation on one of the smaller ports.
Well I'm bored and the bartender is starting to get "that look" on his face.
You know the one hinting he's either about to call the fuzz or demand hard cash upfront for the entire bill before the next drink , two things I can't afford.

now I figure I could always offer my services as a "taste tester" but there really isn't any real purpose in bothering the cheesy fuckers (cheesy suits tend to bring out my murdery side and I don't want to deal with the fuzz)

Anyhoo I find the little port easy enough and go in via buggy the last couple of kliks, sneak in through one of the more covered entrances only to have the gate slam shut behind me, and three skimmers and two turrets start firing off at me.

Well frantic jumpy, crashy buggy combat ensues and the end result is lots of explosions as the turrets and skimmers all face my pin point turret accuracy (hey it's my story) and naturally blow up, one of which starts spinning out of control and goes straight into the distillery blowing the whole thing up, booze and all.
Leaving me thirsty, not to mention this outfit was paid up proper so now even spite all my efforts I have the local fuzz on me until I can get a hold of my own local guy, who is currently off for the holidays so I can't pay up my own bribe until he gets back from vacation..

I guess I'm checking the bars in HIP 20277 for the time being.
I need a whisky.
And then someone's going to die.
Preferably someone with a large bounty..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Loriath wrote:We are the A-Team.

In 3301, a bunch of Asshats were sent to an Asylum, accused of being completely bonkers when they were only a bunch of misfits, drunks and idiots trying to have some fun. These Commanders promptly escaped from The Maximum Security Loony Bin to the Mobius Underground. Today, still wanted by the Lunatic Asylum management for not paying their bar tab, they survive as soldiers of Mis-fortune.
If you have a problem, if no one else thinks you're sane, and if you can find them, maybe you can Join... the Asshat-Team.

<snip>

Heh......

My thoughts.....

https://youtu.be/z82-yl0qAas
Last edited by Cmdr Kharma on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Moist Residue
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Moist Residue

Postby Moist Residue » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:04 pm

I'd love to hang with you guys some time. Mind tossing an add my way?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Moist Residue wrote:I'd love to hang with you guys some time. Mind tossing an add my way?

Add us in game, Loriath, Kharma, Dudley_Dawg.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:19 pm

With a Tag like that......You're more than welcome.....

Actually planning something right outta the ballpark at the moment.....

What ship ya flying and how much dosh you got.....

Coz I have a feeling......Just a feeling That this is not gonna end well......

And I'll be back in a Sidey.........

Coz flying with one fecking idiot and one psychopath is expensive.....

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:33 pm

The Good, the Bad, and the Stupid!

So we met up on Dvorsi A 1 and were on the hunt for some magical rocks that Kharma said cured Impotency (or something like that) Whom am I to argue when he is buying.

We head off in three different directions in search of it. We are on voice comms but my Mic broke (I sat on the headset okay? Yes, me arse broke it. Deal with it). and I soon realize they are teamed up and hunting for gold canisters. Well, Dawg wants gold, Kharma is hoping for more escape pods and narcotics (hookers and blow is what he called it).

I get bored after a while and head back towards them in my ship to find they are in a crater and complaining about how bumpy it is. Did they forget the 25km deep one we fell down yesterday? Senility is setting in early on these 2.

Not finding much, they call in their ships. I am already in the area when their ships come down. Dawgs First then Kharmas.

Yep, Even Kharmas ship needs these magical rocks it seems.
Seems Kharma wants him some Dawg.

Oh and this is NOT the first time they have managed to land like this.

But I move around for some better pics.

Kharma managed to get his Buggy back onboard and I manage to capture the moment he lifted off. Believe it or not, they both had no damage other than shields.

Now it seems these magical rocks don't exist here, and they suggested we go look outside the bubble. I suggest in the area around FEHU. It is on the edge of Imperial space. Of course, by opening my mouth, I was immediately elected Flight Planner, Cruise Director, Mining Captain, and Bartender. Should have kept my mouth shut.

Now I have to plan the trip. Maybe I will take the day off of ED Tomorrow and let the blind lead the blind.

Or better yet, wait till I get them out in the wilds of nowhere and steal the FSD modulators and see how much they REALLY want to live.....

Muhahahaha

...To be Continued.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Return to “Meeting Point”