ElitePvE Twitch Times and Dates

Doing a life streaming event? Post here, so we can watch!
Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: ElitePvE Twitch Times and Dates

Postby Wolf » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:16 pm

All right, tonight 8:30 GMT in the Sorbago System. Hoping for some commanders to join me, otherwise they will just pulverize me! ;)
See you there!

Cheers
Wolf

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:27 pm

I'll be there (hopefully without the problems I had last time).
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 pm

Cheers mate!
I was not really looking forward to being taken apart by those mean Anacondas! ;)
Let's get them!

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Gaaah!! I am at Sarbago, but the band have another gig.

I recommend going to the "Capital Ship" zone, they have an Imperial Interdictor there. :D

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Jockgit64 wrote:Gaaah!! I am at Sarbago, but the band have another gig.

I recommend going to the "Capital Ship" zone, they have an Imperial Interdictor there. :D

We will probably do that after some missions. But maybe we should side with the Empire this time. Looks like everybody sides with the rebels just to see the ship jump out.
No fair! ;)

Pallando
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Pallando

Postby Pallando » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:58 am

Ooooh, Twitch!

I'm planning a player-run event in a couple of weeks, and I could really use the help of a few people who do twitch streaming. Is anyone available around 7pm GMT on Saturday 14th Feb, who'd be willing to do streaming for an hour?

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:17 pm

Pallando wrote:Ooooh, Twitch!

I'm planning a player-run event in a couple of weeks, and I could really use the help of a few people who do twitch streaming. Is anyone available around 7pm GMT on Saturday 14th Feb, who'd be willing to do streaming for an hour?

Just us lonely sad people who don't have a Valentine :( :P

Pallando
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Pallando » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:54 am

Jockgit64 wrote:
Pallando wrote:Ooooh, Twitch!

Just us lonely sad people who don't have a Valentine :( :P

Or those lucky enough to have a partner who also plays elite. :-)

If you, or anyone else with Twitch, is interested in possibly being a marshal, here's a preview of the event website:

http://www.elitedangeroustools.info/ValentinesDayRegatta/

It has not been officially announced yet, so please don't spread that URL around, but do have a read and see what you think.

Niddi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Aske

Postby Niddi » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 am

Pallando wrote:It has not been officially announced yet, so please don't spread that URL around, but do have a read and see what you think.

Please be aware that this part of the forum is public and anyone can see this link.

Pallando
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Pallando » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:14 am

Niddi wrote:
Pallando wrote:It has not been officially announced yet, so please don't spread that URL around, but do have a read and see what you think.

Please be aware that this part of the forum is public and anyone can see this link.

*nods*. I'm not too worried about people who are wanting to look at this forum seeing the info. I was more thinking of someone re-posting this to the main frontier forums without me knowing where they'd posted it, which would make it difficult to correct if we needed to change anything. I'm in contact with the community manager at Frontier, and I'm waiting for him to confirm a couple of points while there's still time to change the details if needed.

Hopefully there won't be a need, but best to be paranoid about these things. :-)

Here's more details on being a marshal:

How does a Regatta race work, in Elite Dangerous?

Players will check in with a starting marshal in the starting system to get their starting time. As soon as a player knows a starting time has been logged for them, they immediately jump out of the starting system and fly as fast as they can towards the finishing system that is hundreds of light years away, where they check in with a finishing marshal to get their finishing time, and then immediately jump out of the finishing system once they know a finishing time as been logged for them.

How do I check-in with a marshal?

The process is described in detail on the check-in page. But the short version is that the marshal will be flying a ship in supercruise near the sun in the starting system. When you are also in supercruise and fly close enough to them, your ship appears on their contacts list, if you are in the same instance as them (which you will be, if there are few enough players in the system). And because you'll have sent them a friend invite before the race, their contacts list will display your commander name. The marshal will be twitch streaming, so you can go to the check-in webpage and see their live twitch stream, to verify that your name has actually appeared. Once you are sure your name appeared, you can then head off. If you're lucky, we'll have enough volunteers that a marshal's assistant will also be watching the twitch stream and may send you a text message in-game saying what your starting time is. But, if not, the stream will be being recorded, and we'll be able to go over the recording after the race to work out what time you appeared in the star system, and enter that time in the database as your official starting time.

Who is the winner?

The overall winner, who'll receive the physical trophy cup, is the registered competitor that didn't get disqualified, who has the shortest duration between their logged starting and finishing times.

Marshals

The marshal has a lonely, thankless and boring task. They sit in one system, in hyperspace, for several hours, with the game set to show their contacts page, and they broadcast a view of their contacts live, over Twitch Stream, so competitors can go to the St. Valentine's Regatta Twitch Stream page, and see that their commander name has shown upon on the marshal's stream, in order to check in.

But the race couldn't happen without them. We'd like at least two, preferably three, per check-in system. We've got 2 in total so far, so we'd like another 4, to give us a bit of lea-way, in the event that someone falls ill, or has a broken internet connection on the day.

To volunteer for this role, you need to be able to broadcase on Twitch Stream, and to be willing and available to accept friend requests from competitors. It will also preclude you from competing in the race itself. A dual monitor setup would be handy, but not essential.

Marshal's Assistants

Someone needs to watch the Twitch Stream, note down the names of commanders appearing in the contacts list, and when they first entered the system, and enter that data in into the roster database that was kindly written and donated by Louise Reay (Commander Kitiara).

If we have spare assistants, it might also be helpful to have someone in the check-in system to help out, text commanders with their starting times, so they don't have to watch the twitch stream itself, and facilitate batches of competitors from the gathering system departing at the correct time for the starting system, pausing them if the marshal is overloaded.

Whether you're detail-oriented or a people person, if you want a role that will just take an hour, and isn't as high stress or critical as being a marshal, this is for you.

Return to “Streamers”