Myrm's Travel Log

Tell us your stories of Elite: Dangerous!
rackemupg
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: RACKEMUPGZ
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Myrm's Travel Log

Postby rackemupg » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:27 am

That's cool. Yea, I studied with a friend of mine.
R@CkEmUpG

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:55 am

KK, so here goes another day of exploration grinding within the bubble to raise my capital prior to my next venture. I currently have 10 million kronor and I'm wondering whether to upgrade some modules in my AspX for deep space, out-of-bubble exploration. Or should I try my hand at bounty hunting by purchasing a suitable ship?

I have noticed that in the Comms UI panel we have a setting to turn off voice chats. However, despite this being turned off I still get requests for incoming voice chats. I thought the who,l idea of the setting was to prevent that. Not sure if it is a bug, so I have submitted a bug report.

Currently on a planet waiting to recall my ship. Whenever I finished playing for the day, I tend to land on a planet, get out in my SRV, and dismiss my ship before saving and closing down. Look forward to the day when we can get out and actually walk on the surface of the planets. (Hint, hint, Frontier). Also, I know we can't land on atmosphere planets at the moment, but it would be nice if some of the planets we can land on would be more active, such as volcanic action, earthquakes etc. Make them a bit more interesting. However, I prefer EDH planets to NMS planets.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:00 am

So, stranded on a planet for five hours whilst FD carry out maintenance on their servers. <sigh> Oh well, these things must happen. I note that one of the fixes will be the confused ATC announcing our arrival as we depart.

Once things are back up and running I'll get on with my mission and exploration grind as I save up lots of kronor to upgrade my ship so that it's the cat's nose of its class.

Just had a thought though, with the servers offline and bed time last night, I hope none of my missions expire. :shock: I'm up to 98% towards my next Federation rank.

Current plan:

Kit out ship for deep space exploration
Get a Sol permit
Visit Mercury, Charon and Europa.
Head to Colonia and The Centre, visiting the new space stations that are now allegedly found on that route.

Need to find a list of stations that are reported to be way out in deep space in those directions.

Oh, and I noticed something vary odd happening last night. When I'd look at planet, stars and systems on my navigation UI most of the distances showed as either being 0 Ly or billions of some unspecified unit of distance.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:43 am

KK. So I. Currently parked up on a planet, still grinding my way to a Sol permit. My Federation rank is still Recruit, but the rank slider is now 100%. So I just need to find a Federation Navy mission or two in order to get promoted.

I have upgraded some of the core components of my ship, though my jump distance is still a paltry 18Ly.

Just gone into Open play for a bit as I'm feeling brave.

adeptassassin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: aDEPTassasSIN
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby adeptassassin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Good read buddy, I'll be sure to check back to see how you get on. ;)

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:04 pm

adeptassassin wrote:Good read buddy, I'll be sure to check back to see how you get on. ;)

Thank you. :)

KK, so today I carried out a mission to collect two bits of ... something ... can't remember what ... something to do with two regulators. Anyway, picked the items up and got a message saying that the destination had changed. When I looked at the transaction update in the navigation UI the update said that the new destination was ... a nonsensical string of value, some computer string or something. Anyway, I went to the original destination but could not redeem the reward. In the end I had to report it to FD support. The mission timed out and I lost 40,000 kronor. I am not that fussed to be honest, this has only been out for 2 weeks on the PS4, and so we can expect some bugs. Hardly a game breaker.

Anyway, I upgraded a few things and then, as it my usual practice, I decided to land on a planet for the night, and shut down. Saw a nice large planet. Went into orbit. 4G!!!! Took me some time to slowly and gently cruise down and land on that baby. I think it was 4.12G. Hope I can take off in the morning. Normally I would get out in my SRV, dismiss the ship and then shut the game down. However, I strayed with the ship tonight as I don't want to dismiss it, in case the auto-pilot is not so clever when it comes to landing on a heavy G planet. Don't want it crashing into the planet and blowing up.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:58 am

KK, so I have been out and got my hair cut with my usual savage style (yes, coz I'm 'ard! :twisted: :D )

Just having a quick snack, well, okay, candy! and then I'll attempted to launch from this 4.12G planet. I'll have a look around in the SRV first and see how that handles. I want to blast some rocks containing minerals just so that I can see how the heavy G affects the fragments as they blast into the air. I'm too scared to dismiss the ship in case it lands itself too heavily :D

Oh, and earlier I called EDH a game! :shock: It's not a game! It's real life!! :roll:

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:58 am

KK, well the launch from the 4g planet was a lot easier than I thought; just a vary slight delay from the boosters firing up and the ship lifting off. I had a full cargo of silver, gold and platinum which resulted in my getting interdicted 7 times in 5 minutes in one system. Managed to get away from them all easily, though I did think I was a goner when one ship just ripped into my shields within seconds. FSD kicked in taking me to another system with my ship's shields gone, and the hull taking a severe beating. I limped into the nearest port.

Tending to play in Open Play now as there's more chance of seeing rl players. I do pop into Mobius every so often, and once the Mobius PS4 group really gets busy, then I'll play there more.

Currently sat outside Hutton Orbital in Alpha Centauri, within the no firing zone. Seen about 3 or 4 rl players out here.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Just been promoted to Cadet (Federation). Slowly getting my way up to Sol permit.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts
With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!

Return to “Fan Fiction”