Myrm's Travel Log

Tell us your stories of Elite: Dangerous!
Myrm

Re: Myrm's Travel Log

Postby Myrm » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 am

The other day I installed a Business Class 3-berth passenger cabin into my ship, and yesterday accepted my first passenger mission. Some lady and her friend wanted me to take them on a sight-seeing tour for 1.5 million kronor. It was only about 300Ly round trip, so I took the job on. I scanned every planet/moon/star of every system we jumped thorough, and when I got back I got another 1.5 million for the scans. I'm looking to install a First Class cabin next so as to attract higher paying clientele. I might eventually save up for one of those space liners and fit it with various cabins of different classes. Bet I could make a fortune in tours.

My Federation rank slider for Recruit is now at 100%, so I am looking for another Federal Navy mission to get me up to the next rank. Then I'll have some more grinding to do to get promoted one rank further in order to earn my Sol permit.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:19 pm

KK, so have now been promoted to Midshipman with the Federation, and at 33% toward the goal I'm aiming for: Petty Officer.

Had to move my fuel scoop to a different module slot as I noticed that the slot it was in seem to allow nothing higher than a 2A. Yet when I looked at upgrading my passenger cabin, I noticed I was offered a higher class fuel scoop in that slot than I was for the slot the scoop was actually in. It struck me that all this time I've not realised that not all slots on ships are the same. Some allow a higher class of module than others do. I'm going to have to learn about module slots some more, move some modules around a bit, so that I can get the maximum benefit from each one. Any advice on this would be gratefully received.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:53 am

KK, so I am at 92% towards Petty Officer Rank with the Federation. Hopefully get that promotion and Sol permit today. I also became of Allied Status with the Independents of Mildeptu too

I have also been upgrading various modules of my ship, including military grade hull. I have probably gone a bit OTT with my modules for this class of ship, but it's fun to do, and if I want to downgrade in the future, it's easy enough to do. I'll be looking at removing the passenger cabins once I start my deep space exploration outside the Bubble.

For some reason I cannot purchase a 5A Fuel Scoop. I keep getting the message of having exceed module limits, or something like that. Not sure where (or even if) I can fit a 5A Fuel Scoop anywhere. I have linked to the Coriolis Build below in case anybody wants to look and comment.

Thank you.

Dermy Bud III

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:44 pm

KK, so I am being a taxi driver for 4 people on a 4-leg tour. Just jumped into the Lave system for the first time on PS4 version. On PC version this place can be a magnet for griefers. Here on PS4 version, there are no rl players in Open.

This mission, once completed should see me eligible for promotion to Petty Officer.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:52 am

Eventually got promoted to Petty Officer and received my much anticipated Sol permit. Yay!!! :mrgreen:

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:11 am

Time for some deep space exploration methinks.

Return to “Fan Fiction”