FIRST LOG; THE LONG JOURNEY TO MY "VULTURE, " THE MISS-NAMED

Tell us your stories of Elite: Dangerous!
OLd_Sarg
Competent
Competent
CMDR: White_Buffalo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

FIRST LOG; THE LONG JOURNEY TO MY "VULTURE, " THE MISS-NAMED

Postby OLd_Sarg » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:57 pm

Log Entry------

Sitting in a bit of a daze after sampling some of my last cargo run, I am currently in Tereshkova Dock in ALTAIR in the loving arms of ‘Pte Wanji’.

It is finally time to record my travels to date, now that I am mellow mood...............
I have had a rush of a ride from my Sidewinder in LHS 3447. I was grinding my way very slowly and painfully to my next ship. Then one night CMDR IMO hailed me and took me on as a project I had just bought my new Viper III, 'Talutah’ (Blood Red in Lakota). I was getting ready to bail out maybe quit, maybe go back to being a systems engineer or space bum, leaving my dreams of the starts for younger pilots.

CMDR IMO hung with me till I had to go back to dock. With his help getting my controls sorted out, then that made a huge difference, then he helped me wing up, helped me with bounty a hunting session and I dreamed of having a Python like he was mincing our enemy's with and I made 320,000 credits (for me a lot!) The next day and for many days CMDR IMO asked me how things were going and if I was all right. Now I have been honored to be invited to his bounty hunting group.
Just saying thank you CMDR IMO o7

My girl 'Talutah’ was a great and trustworthy ship that I had a hard time selling, but I need a ship with longer legs so on the block she went. My wanderlust and desire for quick riches lead me to a Cobra III ‘Pte Wanji’ (female buffalo #1). With her I jumped into helping in several community goals, building a star-port and protecting the fleet was only one of many I helped in and making many credits. My lady ‘Pte Wanji’ well she is now A rated and friend for life. I have given her a new paint job it is the least I could do after she stuck with me on a few trips outside to bubble to a very seedy port, you may have heard of Robigo, but if so it was not good, while there I picked up the odd pack of cards, bubble gum or whatever………. It was always exiting coming back to the bubble and to see all the police and pirates so badly want to play cards and chew bubblegum. I can move on with the recommendation that any new pilot needs a Cobra III, ‘Pte Wanji’ saved me by her slipperiness and speed time after time, on my 3rd “cards and gum” run I was running to military dock at a far too fast speed then center punched a tower on the dark side, I think I was down to 27% and somehow dumped my cargo near the station the fines just gave and gave over and over on that one. I made one more trip to cover my fail that night. That was a lot adrenalin pumping made real by the risk and rewards, I did need to stop for now I couldn’t sleep at night thinking about all the packs of cards, some abandoned in space. I digress…….

With my bank account nicely stocked for the first time I got my new Vulture and hell no I didn’t sell ‘Pte Wanji’! Now to the my Vulture the ‘Talutah Pte” she is not a Vulture more like falcon or eagle, once tamed and correctly flown and she will kill! Yes she has really has amazed me, that I could take on and kill an “Dangerous” pilot in a Python and get no damage to my hull and didn't lose a full ring on my shields! I just worked the pips and stayed on the Pythons 6, it was a long and satisfying fight scratch one pirate! Then thinking I was the ghost of Richthofen not some old A-Wing jockey from an earlier time I took on an “Elite” rated pilot in a Fer-de-Lance, I really got beat up a when I got out of position, (he was flying very well and made me pay for every miss step) That was an intense fight! I won the fight victory was never a sure thing, with 60% hull and a broken canopy I on supplemental O2, it was time to run not walk to a dock.

After that I needed to kick back and do a community goal moving some illicit goods, I seem to be drawn to adrenalin and speed rush, as the old song said “hey little cobra don’t cha know you’re going to shut them down” wow I do digress…………… I have the munchies, but I need some sleep first………..

White_Buffalo

Log End---------

OLd_Sarg
Competent
Competent

the sore tooth

Postby OLd_Sarg » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:17 pm

After a long day of hauling my butt, I went to a station to get a bum tooth fixed, after I was done my head was still throbbing from the tooth.

I decided to make one last low paying run to Tereshkova Dock in ALTAIR in my Cobra III ‘Pte Wanji’.
The run was clean no NPC trying to pull me down, I flew into the Tereshkova Dock ready to offload my goods and call it a night. Flying tired is never a great idea; I was not alert, I saw an Anaconda parked about 1 km from the dock and ignored it yes stupid I know. I got clearance from the dock gear down and nearly on the pad and bam I was taking fire from the Anaconda, I was slow to react and my shields where about gone. The Cobra and I did what we do best in a situation like this, gear up, full throttle, 4 pips to power, 2 pips to system boost way from the dock. The Anaconda was sill hitting me, shields down, taking hull damage, there was no way I was going to be able to run straight away fast enough for him not to kill me. So I did a rolling half loop still boosting I was moving fast now and he was missing more than hitting me, my hull was at 50% and I was heading at him, boost again. He hit me solidly a few more times I was at 14% hull as I shot past him boosting again.

No way was he going to get that tub turned 180 deg to his guns on me before I was long gone and FSD away. And so I was gone running to another port for repairs and to get rid of my load of “onions”. As I did I checked the Galaxy may and as I thought my nasty Vulture was only 62ly’s away…. Off to pick “Talutah Pte” my Vulture, on the way back to ALTAIR I thought I really messed this up I didn’t get the Anaconda CMDR’s name, maybe he will still be there when I get back, oh I hope so this would not be the first Anaconda “Talutah Pte” and I have taken down.

I would like to say I found the griefer and kicked his ass bloody, but when I got back a ship had just high waked out, and no one else was there. The one thing I regret is not getting this CMDR’s name for fun and games some other time……

White_Buffalo

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: the sore tooth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:26 am

OLd_Sarg wrote:After a long day of hauling my butt, I went to a station to get a bum tooth fixed, after I was done my head was still throbbing from the tooth.

I decided to make one last low paying run to Tereshkova Dock in ALTAIR in my Cobra III ‘Pte Wanji’.
The run was clean no NPC trying to pull me down, I flew into the Tereshkova Dock ready to offload my goods and call it a night. Flying tired is never a great idea; I was not alert, I saw an Anaconda parked about 1 km from the dock and ignored it yes stupid I know. I got clearance from the dock gear down and nearly on the pad and bam I was taking fire from the Anaconda, I was slow to react and my shields where about gone. The Cobra and I did what we do best in a situation like this, gear up, full throttle, 4 pips to power, 2 pips to system boost way from the dock. The Anaconda was sill hitting me, shields down, taking hull damage, there was no way I was going to be able to run straight away fast enough for him not to kill me. So I did a rolling half loop still boosting I was moving fast now and he was missing more than hitting me, my hull was at 50% and I was heading at him, boost again. He hit me solidly a few more times I was at 14% hull as I shot past him boosting again.

No way was he going to get that tub turned 180 deg to his guns on me before I was long gone and FSD away. And so I was gone running to another port for repairs and to get rid of my load of “onions”. As I did I checked the Galaxy may and as I thought my nasty Vulture was only 62ly’s away…. Off to pick “Talutah Pte” my Vulture, on the way back to ALTAIR I thought I really messed this up I didn’t get the Anaconda CMDR’s name, maybe he will still be there when I get back, oh I hope so this would not be the first Anaconda “Talutah Pte” and I have taken down.

I would like to say I found the griefer and kicked his ass bloody, but when I got back a ship had just high waked out, and no one else was there. The one thing I regret is not getting this CMDR’s name for fun and games some other time……

White_Buffalo

I'm assuming this happened in Open and not in Mobius?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

OLd_Sarg
Competent
Competent

Re: FIRST LOG; THE LONG JOURNEY TO MY "VULTURE, " THE MISS-NAMED

Postby OLd_Sarg » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:16 pm

yes this was in open,
I don't play in open often but when I do I get a reminders of why I am here. :D

Return to “Fan Fiction”