Cmdr LordPsymon - Tales of a Slave on the Run

Tell us your stories of Elite: Dangerous!
lordpsymon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: lordpsymon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Cmdr LordPsymon - Tales of a Slave on the Run

Postby lordpsymon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:40 am

Hello Cmdrs o7.
I've written quite a few little tidbits for a character in the Elite universe. This is really my first attempt at any sort of fanfiction (or any sort of writing for that matter) and it's quite fun to flesh out the story. A lot of my writing is inspired by other sci-fi works such as Firefly and Wing Commander: Privateer.
Now there is quite a huge gap in the story between escaping slavery and current events which I plan to continue to bridge, and I am also thinking of doing a pre-slavery back story too at some point.
There's also a bit of collaborative works in there, where my storyline ties into that of a couple of other cmdrs.

Here's the bio, and it includes links to the canon so far. I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to reading more stories from other cmdrs. :)

-----------------------------

Name: Simon Datura
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Place of Birth: Cubeo 3, Cubeo
Home Base: Chelomey Orbital
Wing: Independent
Role: Pilot

"Just got a load of cargo in the hold, and a load of bills to pay back home."

---Back Story---

Slavery. That's how I ended up at Eravate. I was on a passenger vessel enroute to the Nortes system for a vacation which was hit by a gang of slavers. Most people were killed while attempting to flee, but I was one of the unlucky ones who were captured and sold off to slavery in Federation space. I was just your regular 20 year old guy with no idea what direction to take in life. Well I guess you could say I had my path chosen for me huh?

They had me working in a factory and would occasionally have me run errands in a cheap, beat up little Sidewinder. On the plus side, that's how I learned how to fly. In hind sight though, I'm not sure it's the smartest idea teaching a slave how to fly, but I suppose they thought they'd rather risk me getting popped by a pirate than a well paid employee. I had been doing this for about three years before I saw my opportunity to escape.

---The Escape---

Three years of these dreary conditions is normally enough to completely break a man. So many of the other slaves around me had lost their will. A good friend I had made during my time here had an "accident" with one of the machines and took his own life. I won't go into details, it was rather gruesome. It's a shame, he was due to be married before he was captured, but like me, had been taken by a slaver raid. His former fiancée was never told what happened, only that he was missing. He was a good man. That was the breaking point where I had decided that I was not going to put up with this shit anymore. I am going to break free and take my god damn life back.

I'm not going to lie and say that I planned this escape, because I didn't. I just got very lucky. I had been looking for good opportunities to escape since my friend's death. I wanted it to be quick, and quiet. Break out, or die trying. Of course quick and quiet is practically impossible with these microchips they have implanted in us which would trip an alarm if we left the facility unauthorized. Lucky for me, the guards were quite cocky and complacent. I managed to sneak into the hangar and mark one of the cargo canisters as an important item that needs to be shipped urgently and gave it an arbitrary destination for one of our clients.

I hid inside the canister over night and waited for it to be loaded on to a ship. The crate was loaded into a Cobra MKIII, which was often used for urgent deliveries. Once inside I jumped out and sprung the guard loading the canister. We had a bit of a struggle but I managed to force his sidearm out of his hand and fired a few shots into him. Of course that alerted everyone within audible range and the alarms were triggered, however I managed to get the Cobra's engines online and I was out of the hangar before they could properly respond.

With the tracking device still inside me, they could see my every move but I thought I would have had a good enough head start to break for Empire space before they could catch up. I was wrong. It did not take long for a wing of them to catch up and interdict me as I was scooping fuel from a star. I got away with one engine on fire, cracked canopy and half the modules malfunctioning but I got back to Empire space where I managed an emergency docking at Meech Horizons in Gilese 3761.

I got patched up, and had the microchip removed. I had enough money left over from before my capture to have the Cobra repaired, so I took ownership of it and had it redesignated Rattlesnake. It wasn't in the best condition. The frameshift drive was sub-par and the thrusters were completely wrecked so they had to be replaced. Once repaired and up and running, I flew back home to Cubeo 3 where I took a couple of months to relax and recover before I started working small jobs out in space to give Rattlesnake the upgrades and love she deserved. I even gave her a new paint job.

Fast forward to now and Rattlesnake has had a major overhaul over the four or so years and I am earning a steady living. By this point a lot of pilots would have sold their ship and moved on to bigger and better vessels, but Rattlesnake saved my ass and gave me my life back. I'm not parting with her any time soon.

I'm not sure if those slavers are still out searching for me, or if they'll even recognize their old Cobra but needless to say I am not in much of a hurry to return to Eravate any time soon.

[OOC] The canon so far:

---Prelude - A Future Torn---

Chapter 1: A Seemingly Normal Day
Chapter 2: The Dawn of Hell
Chapter 3: The Moon Job
Chapter 4: The Pit
Chapter ?: Escape from Slavery

---Reestablishment---

A Ship's History - White Pearl
A Slave's Revenge

---Ghosts of our Past---

Ghosts of our Past - Prologue (Part 1): Eerie Suspicions
Ghosts of our Past - Prologue (Part 2): Closure
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 1: Opening old wounds
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 2: They Always Run (Part 1)
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 2: They Always Run (Part 2)
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 2.5: A Captain's Musing
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 3: It's Never Easy (Part 1)
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 3.5: Eisenstein Plant
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 4: Nothing Ever Goes Smoothly (Part 1)
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 4: Nothing Ever Goes Smoothly (Part 2)
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 5: Luck be a Lady
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 6: Double Crossing
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 7: Bag and Tag
Ghosts of our Past - Chapter 8: And When He Falleth
Ghosts of our Past - Epilogue: Unfinished Business
Last edited by lordpsymon on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

CapitanAceRimmer
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Capitan Ace Rimmer
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Cmdr LordPsymon - Tales of a Slave on the Run

Postby CapitanAceRimmer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Well written. Good stuff.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Find out what is near you:
http://elitedangerous.hozbase.co.uk/ - Pristine metallic rings, special star systems, rare commodity sources, bounty hunting systems, canyon runs, ...

lordpsymon
Harmless
Harmless

Postby lordpsymon » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:32 am

Thank you. I appreciate it.

FCB1891
Competent
Competent
CMDR: HeliosFCB

Postby FCB1891 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:46 am

Just finished the first chapter, promising stuff! Gives me something to do while exploring :)

lordpsymon
Harmless
Harmless

Postby lordpsymon » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 am

Thank you. I will keep updating this thread as I publish more updates. Currently working on a prequel as one of the people I was collaborating with in Ghosts of our Past has been AWOL for a while. I will also work on the Reestablishment segment a bit more once I am done with the prequel to flesh out his life before current events post slavery.

lordpsymon
Harmless
Harmless

Postby lordpsymon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:16 am

I have added Chapter 3 of A Future Torn - The Moon Job

Return to “Fan Fiction”