Please help me plan my Thargoid/Guardian Trip!

Eveything that is canon in the Elite: Dangerous universe.
Vangreal SilverBlade
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vangreal SilverBlade
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Please help me plan my Thargoid/Guardian Trip!

Postby Vangreal SilverBlade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Hello all :) I'm new to Mobius, so be gentle! mwhahahaa

I should start off by offering some help, I have built my anaconda for support, and it will soon have healing beams, smart rounds, and already has fighters. Most of the weapons are turrets so it is a great ship for multicrew. Gantrithor is ready to repel the alien invasion! (Even if we are the bad guys after all :)) So if anyone needs that kind of help in a CZ, HazRes, mission, etc. please let me know!

I am looking for a little help planning a trip to visit all the Thargoid and Guardian sites in some kind of logical order. A friend and I would play together quite often have done a bunch, but never really checked out the lore, and REALLY want to before 2.4 releases.

There is SOOOOOO much info out there, but I was hoping someone has probably had the same idea as me, and might have a nice route planned out, etc. I would love to see as much as I can, do as much as I can etc. before the release, I really hope you can all help me with this! I have not unlocked Ram Tah yet, but as soon as I get home and the family is asleep, I am going to do that lol.

I have a some monies saved up from the last CG, my support anaconda, and my lightweight asp explorer for exploring, if there is any specific ships or things I have to buy to make this work.

damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351

Re: Please help me plan my Thargoid/Guardian Trip!

Postby damon8r351 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 am

You don't need to have unlocked Ram Tah first to get his mission for the Ancient sites. He'll still contact you in Meene even if you don't unlock him first.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:45 am

Fun fact: You get the guardian mission in every station and port in Meene except Ram Tah's base.

But going back to the original posting: According to the last figures I have seen/heard, there are over 200 Thargoid sites, and close to 200 Guardian sites. Any kind of tour to all Thargoid and Guardian sites will be really lengthy. And pointless, as there are only three different Guardian site layouts, and only one Thargoid site layout. Yes, there are active and inactive Thargoid sites, different number of Leviathans around the sites, some sites have interior doors while other do not, but that is basically just food colouring.

Unless you want to grind for grind's sake, dock anywhere in Meene to pick up the Ram Tah mission, grab the coordinates for the three known wrecks from the Wiki, visit those. First one is a wreck that has a Majestic class Interdictor parked over it now, second is just a wreck with some UA lying around, third is a wreck with UAs and some human wrecks nearby. If you have not unlocked Palin yet, grab your 25 UF at the second and third wreck.

Visit the distress call USS in Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55 to see the wrecked Federal battle group from the Retaliation video, and visit the Thargoid site in the system. Setting off the Thargoid machine in it will not possible, you need an UP, and those are bugged and do not spawn correctly. Scan the uplink devices and go on a scavenger killing spree to stock up on Thargoid materials/data.

Now grab the Ram Tah mission guide from the FDev forum, run through it, and enjoy the 111 million credits. As a side bonus, you also stocked up on Guardian data.

And you have seen just about everything there is in terms of Thargoids and Guardians.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Vangreal SilverBlade
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vangreal SilverBlade

Postby Vangreal SilverBlade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Thank you very much for the help! No distress beacons up yet, but so far I am exploring the Guardians Xel Naga ruins, quite interesting indeed!

Would LOVE any detailed tips for Thargoid sites :D

Was nice to find out I could skip unlocking Ram Tah and just get to the mission from Felice dock in Meene.

Tips for starting the guardians quest!
-go to this link
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ep-by-Step)-201-M-Cr
-Have a ship with at least 12 cargo and as much jump range as possible, I had to jump 700LY from my position in the bubble.
-The first planet you arrive on, collect the 6 items, 5 you find in little rock piles, 1 you shoot out of the structure that rises from the ground. Then make sure you have 2 of each, you may and to log and reload.
-Then get started on unlock the ruins by carrying the correct combination of ancient things.

Enjoy!

Return to “Official Lore Talk”