Nature's Call

Eveything that is canon in the Elite: Dangerous universe.
Rocketbobcat
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rocketbobcat
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Nature's Call

Postby Rocketbobcat » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:55 am

Recently while flying around I started to think about something: Where do the commanders in Elite go to the bathroom?

Are there toilets on the ships? Even on the smaller ones like the Eagle or Sidewinder? Or do the pilots just go when they dock in a station? What if they've been exploring in distant systems for a long time?

I guess another way to look at it would just be to ask when the commanders use the restroom. Personally, I dock and enter the hangar of a station before heading to the bathroom, but what about you? Do you wait till you are docked at a station? Do you go while in supercruise? Do you have a method where you can go without ever leaving the controls of your ship? Or do you jump into another dimension entirely (log out) before going?

aaphebus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Nature's Call

Postby aaphebus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:33 am

Last edited by aaphebus on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Nature's Call

Postby Xebeth » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:55 pm

Don't underestimate the size of our ships, a Cobra MkIII is 28m long and wider than that, compare this to something like a Learjet 45 which is equipped with all the mod-cons for 9 passengers at just 18m long.

I mean even a sidewinder can carry 8 tonnes of cargo with shields, 8 tonnes! that's like 8 average size cars.

In my mind, something like a Sidewinder, Eagle or Viper would have facilities akin to those on the ISS (basically a sleeping bag you strap yourself into to sleep, and a vacuum tube for other requirements), Haulers and Adders have something like a basic bunk and a airliner toilet, the Cobra and maybe Vulture have something like the cabin you'd get on a submarine, the Asp a cabin like those on a Naval warship, and the bigger ships proper cabins. When you get to things like the Anaconda, Vette or Cutter they have entire staterooms (the Cutter will have a pool, and the Vette a gym as well ;) ).
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “Official Lore Talk”