Post your Elite: Dangerous videos here!
Turjan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Turjan
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Turjan's Travels #30 - No Place Like Home

Postby Turjan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Finally! After a year exploring the galaxy, Cmdr Turjan is returning home. Or is he? With a crew made up of misfit humans, aliens, and rogue A.I.s, the future is looking...uncertain. But will Cmdr Turjan's ingenuous ingenuity be enough to save the day - and his crew?

https://youtu.be/cF869D0FSH8

The first Turjan's Travels to be made with HoloMe actors - now all we need is multiple HoloMe save slots so I don't have to remake all my digital actors every single time I need one of them for a specific shot! :roll:

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Re: Turjan's Travels #30 - No Place Like Home

Postby evovi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 pm

See! Give the tools to the right people and we have amazing videos! Why have fd taken so long with these camera options - nice work cmdr :)

Turjan
Novice
Novice

Postby Turjan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:36 pm

evovi wrote:See! Give the tools to the right people and we have amazing videos! Why have fd taken so long with these camera options - nice work cmdr :)

Thanks! They certainly are powerful tools, once you've clambered over the learning curve they come with. Still a few bugs in there, but generally they're ready to go - and I've no doubt a lot of our favourite E:D content creators will be taking full advantage of them.

That single save slot for the HoloMe is crazy though...for us videomakers, it's a bit like throwing open the doors of a sweet shop to a child then saying "Hold on there sonny! You can one sweet - ONE! You can look at all the others...but you can only walk out with ONE!"

Madness! :shock:

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:36 am

I suppose the only ways around that would be a bunch of alt accounts (which you'd probably have to grind like hell on to get the proper ships), or writing down all the settings for a particular look on a notepad, and I'm sure that would be plenty tedious.

Turjan
Novice
Novice

Postby Turjan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 am

Schmobius wrote:I suppose the only ways around that would be a bunch of alt accounts (which you'd probably have to grind like hell on to get the proper ships), or writing down all the settings for a particular look on a notepad, and I'm sure that would be plenty tedious.

Indeed, I already have two accounts (which I kinda resent in the first place anyway, seeing as I'm still waiting for the three Cmdr slots per account we were promised five years ago back in Kickstarter) so that I could have one Cmdr out exploring in the far black while the other is in the bubble - that way I can maximise the variety of video I can get. Yes, it's a pain because I already have to have custom paintjobs on both accounts.

With the "Three Guys, One Ship" multicrew video series I'm creating along with Cmdrs Josh Hawkins & Shabooka just round the conrer, my alt account's avatar is going to be taken up for a character in that show, which means I'm back to one avatar slot only for Turjan.

During the making of Turjan's Travels ep#30, I had to remake Turjan's face no less than FIVE times because of the need to swap from character to character to get all the location shots I wanted - what I did was take screenshots of the sliders so I could get subsequent reincarnations to look as close as I could.

But here's the thing - the HoloMe comes with 50 male and 50 female presets....and they are all already saved somewhere, aren't they? And we have...one save slot?! So apparently 100 NPCs effectively have access to a feature I'm not allowed to have.

This be madness!!! :shock:

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:03 am

NPCs always cheat. :-D

Return to “Elite: Dangerous Videos”