Post your Elite: Dangerous videos here!
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Video Editing Software

Postby Xebeth » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:47 pm

I'm with Movie Maker for basic stuff (actually it does most stuff), or ShotCut https://www.shotcutapp.com/ for more advanced stuff.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 am

Thanks for all these ideas. Mickeysoft product is out of the question as I have used it before and would rather walk barefoot on Lego bricks.

I will check out the other ones later this weekend.

Hive Mind Rules. :P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:34 am

I know movie maker must have improved since last I tried it (*mhm* windows 95).
But I guess I'l just suck it up and figure out how to do it with blender, although it's been about 5-6 years since I really did anything in blender.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Turjan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Turjan

Postby Turjan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:16 pm

I've used mostly the same software for all 27 episodes of "Turjan's Travels" so far :-

Windows Movie Maker Live - for video editing and rendering to a YouTube-friendly format.

Audacity - for audio work (speech, music, sound effects etc)

Paint Shop Pro 7 - for making/doctoring stills to use in animation & transitions (such as the duststorm effect I created for episode #16 "Dead and Buried")

More recently I've added the video cropping & resampling program Handbrake to that list. It's good for cropping frame sizes, and has allowed me to do things like chop off the left info panel in the Galaxy map. It also resamples raw footage into a minimally lossy format that drastically cuts down the file sizes I get when I capture footage with Shadowplay - very handy if you're like me and take tons of video you'll never use but like to have on hand "just in case" :D

I do have Blender, but its learning curve is a tad steep, and I'm one of those "learn by tinkering" types, so usually I fall back on some bizarre and probably needlessly cumbersome imaginative workaround to get the effect I want in the other software tools, rather than biting the bullet and actually learning to use Blender's uber-powerful features. So far I've only resorted to Blender once, to reverse a piece of footage - something old Movie Maker could do, but which the current version cannot. Thanks MS! :roll:

I have to say, the current incarnation of Movie Maker is somewhat annoying and limited, especially compared to its predecessor - but it still does the job of basic editing and transitions well enough, and can handle an occasional effect, and that's all I've needed to date in "Turjan's Travels".

However you slice it, the one thing all (except PSP7 - I bought that over 10 years ago...) of these tools have in common is that THEY'RE FREE!!
Because I am poor, and therefore this price tag appeals to me ;)

TDarlene10
Harmless
Harmless

Postby TDarlene10 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:31 am

In this case https://wave.video developers are literally genius. They combined all the tools in one soft. This includes advice on posting videos to Instagram and Facebook, video editing instruments, templates to create movies online, add special visual and sound effects.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:48 pm

Later I have found Da VinciResolve, works locally, and does pretty much 95% of what Adobe Premiere does.

Main difference between the free version and the $299 one is 4k editing.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JakeSullivan
Harmless
Harmless

Postby JakeSullivan » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:33 pm

Nowadays, with the rise of digital content creation, there is a high demand for video editing software. Fortunately, there are a large number of different video editors available to choose from. From professional-grade software to free, user-friendly options, there is something for everyone. One option to consider is the online video editor offered by https://www.movavi.com/trailer-maker-online.html. It provides users with a simple, yet powerful toolset that allows them to create high-quality videos quickly and easily.

chunmu
Harmless
Harmless

Postby chunmu » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:47 am

As an enhancement program, DaVinci resolve is the best free and better than a lot of paid, which has more than you can ever use. But it has a big learning curve.
Other free video editors include VDSC, ShotCut or Openshot. No watermarks. and does its job very well for basic editing. pretty straightforward for beginners.
https://pctechtest.com/best-video-editing-software

Return to “Elite: Dangerous Videos”