Looking at the outside of my Anaconda

Post your Elite: Dangerous videos here!
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Looking at the outside of my Anaconda

Postby smartroad » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:36 pm

https://youtu.be/MpxiHsFaN6Q

On my way to Jaques and wanted a change of pace so I went for a drive. I was using my Vive and it is amazing (still!) to be able to look up at your ship. Really gives you an feel for how large these ships would be!
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Looking at the outside of my Anaconda

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:16 pm

Great video, Lase.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby KRRONOSS » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:11 pm

My jelly factor is wobbling on the brink of TOO MUCH JELLO! That's awesome, can't wait till i get my Oculus one day... :D
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:32 am

I got my CV1 last night and one thing I did was land on a planet and drive around my Python in the SRV. Then I parked near the front landing gear and stepped out. I looked up the landing gear leg, which I thought was stairs, and saw a little funicular type platform at the top, and thought maybe one day we can stand on it and take a ride down to the surface.

Your video is great, but it just doesn't do justice to the VR experience. By itself, it is little different than driving around a ship in 2D with head tracking or mouse look. You are still just looking at a relatively small image that only takes up, I don't know - about 1/4 or 1/10 of your vision? But in VR the scale of these things is just massive, especially when you stand next to your SRV for comparison, which is about as large as a big 4x4.

I also like the external camera in a hangar. I always liked to "walk" over to the hand railings and look back at the ship. That will give you a good feeling of the size of things, but it pales in comparison to "being there".
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Elite: Dangerous Videos”