Post your Elite: Dangerous videos here!
GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: My first VR video.

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:35 am

Oh, and could you please post a vid where you lean forwards and back, side to side, while in your seat? And then get up, walk around the bridge, maybe go look out of a window?.. Please.... ;)

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Darwin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Loriath wrote:
I have a Single 1080p display.

Even with my ED Tracker set 1 to 1 movement and then multiply that by 10 it is not as shaky as what I saw in the videos.

But there are no adjustments that you can change at all is what I understand from you, is that correct?

Also, do you get forward/backward and Side to Side movement as one would get leaning in RR (Real Reality :P )?

You notice it more on the flat video, but when wearing it, your head knows it is moving.
Yes, at one stage in VR2 I did lean forward to look up out of the canopy.
Just sitting on the sofa and breathing makes your head move very slightly, but your brain filters that.
Like glancing behind you, most people tilt there head slightly sideways rather than if it was a turret, and it captures that, but again your brain knows what the head is doing.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Darwin
Expert
Expert

Postby Darwin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:11 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Looks great!

Loriath and Darwin; are you two talking about the same thing? Loriath, you're talking about those constant small movements of the entire screen right? And Darwin, are you refering to resolution?

I was wondering if your brain even registers those small movements, when/if they are in complete sync with what you are doing with your head/eyes.
Seeing a VR feed on a flat monitor isn't very optimal, but what to do.

Darwin, can you confirm, do you register those small constant movements as a problem/issue?

It really does not translate to a flat video that well.
Your brain knows what the head is doing, so it looks normal. My head is always moving just with breathing or typing, so is not really a problem.

It is when there is movement your brain does not know about that takes a bit of getting used to

Darwin
Expert
Expert

Postby Darwin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:19 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Oh, and could you please post a vid where you lean forwards and back, side to side, while in your seat? And then get up, walk around the bridge, maybe go look out of a window?.. Please.... ;)

Will try. I think I might leave the Phiagre CG (top 15%) and jump back to Shinrarta tonight.
I want to get some other ships out of storage.
The Asp with its huge windows will be good.
And one of my Cobras. Also where I parked the Corvette.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: My first VR videos.

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:10 pm

Ok, so you've got a 980gtx. What levels of fidelity are you getting with that card? How about in the SRV?

Darwin
Expert
Expert

Re: My first VR videos.

Postby Darwin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:43 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Ok, so you've got a 980gtx. What levels of fidelity are you getting with that card? How about in the SRV?

I think ED is worse for fidelity than other VR apps I have tried so far, and this is what FD will hopefully be addressing

Better than this:

VR performance results:

As for actual measurement in game, not sure. SRV is on the list of things to try.

Return to “Elite: Dangerous Videos”