CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Is it always so easy with a vulture?

Postby evovi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:10 am

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Is it always so easy with a vulture?

Postby TorTorden » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:50 am

Yup, welcome to the party ;p

Personal two cents.
its quicker to find the power plant if you scroll upwards, it should flip around and you have pp selected at about 6 clicks, (I have subsystem target directly on my sticks so i never use the menu, unless I want to see weapons loadout, got to love luxury :) )

I keep 3 pips to engines and 3 to weps, 2-4 when attacking in a good position, I only swap pips to sys when I start taking fire or am about to.

Just my two cents, but thrusters on the vulture gets even more manoeuvreable with three pips to engines and that at a good firing position and their blindspot even longer so you wind up needing even less shields.
Until you piss of a wing or a fed Gunship/assault ship .

Those are pretty much the only things to worry about.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:13 am

Keep dishing your two cents out, advice very much welcome, as you can see, I'm most definitely a noob commander, and still make plenty of howlers and think "why did I just do that"

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:16 am

I agree with TorTorden. I don't think that Python ever got a shot at you, so no reason for pips in systems. If you had 4 pips in weapons, they would stay charged longer and recharge faster, and with 2 pips in engines you could stay in position better. Also, if you let the weapons cap fully recharge before you start shooting again (and try to keep it above half charged), they will do a lot more damage. Then if you do start taking shots, put 4 pips in sys and 2 in engines and try to get back in position. Of course, with reward shooting turrets, then splitting pips between sys and wep may be appropriate. And watch out for the guys with never ending and never missing multicannons, who go nose to nose with you and suddenly stop taking much damage. Good hunting. :)

I do enjoy watching other people play - especially since I haven't played the last 2 days.
It's time to give this another go.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lanceor » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:16 am

Is it always so easy with a vulture?

Short answer: yes.
Long answer: yes it is. :D

In all seriousness though, the Vulture is one of the best PvE ships available. It's not invincible of course, and while its shields and armour are reasonably up to the task, it can't withstand a pummelling from multiple opponents. In a 1v1 situation though, its maneuverability allows you to maintain the upper hand; not getting hit is the Vulture's primary defense.

Since we're on the topic of power management, I've bound my pip controls to trigger four times with each buttonpress. With this setup, one buttonpress maxes out whichever I selected - Systems, Engine or Weapons. With two buttonpresses, I can get have any 4-2-0 or 4-1-1 combination I want.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Samoth
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Samoth

Postby Samoth » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:28 am

It would be easier if you used your pips when you needed them. As maneuverable as it is, you shouldn't need anything in SYS as long as you're not being fired upon, especially something as slow and lumbering as a Python. A Vulture is maneuverable enough that nothing bigger than you should be out-turning you. If they are, you screwed up.

Two in ENG and all four in WPN, then when he starts turning, turn inside of him by putting four pips in ENG and then move back to WPN. You don't even need to turn off Flight Assist. Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:17 pm

Thanks for that - off we go with a new mindset :)

LionWalker
Novice
Novice
CMDR: LionWalker

Re: RE: Re: Is it always so easy with a vulture?

Postby LionWalker » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Samoth wrote:A Vulture is maneuverable enough that nothing bigger than you should be out-turning you. If they are, you screwed up.

Like a Clipper :) Nasty turners.
Love mine.

Samoth
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Samoth

Postby Samoth » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:04 pm

The Vulture is a nasty piece of work. The only reason it doesn't get nerfed is its only two Large emplacements. A Python and an FDL may be able to kill a bit faster, but they cost a helluva lot more. To be honest, as long as you're just bounty hunting, the only reason to get either one is simply that you're tired of the Vulture. No other ship deals so much damage for so little cost.

The Vulture is the space version of an Su-35 in a dogfight.

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:21 pm

I found my limits yesterday in this bird, I took on a wing of two vultures in a haz res, yeah - silly I know - got one right down but the other ate through my shields - turned and ran, must of been using a rail gun as I was hit once and with that single shot sound - straight through my thrusters - dead in the water - then they both picked at my carcass and a rebuy screen appeared - onwards and upwards

Return to “Elite: Dangerous Videos”