Ceos/Sothis Has Paid Off

Post your fabulous screenshots of Elite: Dangerous here!
Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Ceos/Sothis Has Paid Off

Postby Sevin Church » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Ceos/Sothis Has Paid Off

Postby Schmobius » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Just got into that grind yesterday, and made 50 million. I know what I'm doing tonight, if I get time!

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:29 pm

Indeed! I find it way more fun than Robigo. All I have to do is sit back and watch a movie while a navigate the stars.

Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Liberty Prime

Postby Liberty Prime » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:43 pm

glorious!

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Dunno if I was just unlucky or you guys spent countless hours doing this.

Basically - I took my 112T asp out there (took me 20-30min to get there), I stacked missions for like an hour and the best credits/tonnage ratio i got was 175k/t. After close to 3 hours of total gameplay - I got 18,7 mil. I did it only because I was curious and I really don't need any cash but it was a mind numbing and boring experience I won't do ever again.

And yea - I guess once you get your rep up you might get better missions but that only means more bar-grinds.
ImageImage

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:16 pm

I have a single mission worth 6 mil and change right now. And 24 hours to do it in. Going to take data to ceos, then return, and stack more.

I do get interdicted on these runs, but not often, and I can get away easily.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Congrats on the Vette, Sevin Church! 8-) 8-)

Skipp wrote:And yea - I guess once you get your rep up you might get better missions but that only means more bar-grinds.

You can build rep pretty fast just doing little missions from Sothis to Ceos and back. I did two runs to the bubble the first weekend, hauling what I they'd let me have, and bringing back a lot of commodities for 'fetch' missions. I hit friendly after just those two runs.... about 5-6 hours.

Once I hit friendly with the locals, I was pulling in $75mil per run in the Cutter pretty consistently ($50mil per run in the Conda the previous weekend) with 6-7 stops in the bubble.

It's a tougher road to hoe in a smaller ship, but if a guy can carry some good tonnage (or sit longer to cycle the boards for lower quantity missions) it's a money making machine. 8-)

I did 4 runs over the weekend, made $300,776,000 and gained 48% on trade rank to hit Elite. Each run took me about 2.5-3 hours, depending on interruptions from reading the message board, FB, and being chatty on Discord. :lol:

Well worth the effort to get your rep up and make lots and lots and lots of jumps to make tons and tons and tons of money, IMO.

And... bring a discovery scanner. When you tire of Sothis runs, take all of that data to your favorite engineer for bonus money and rep with them too. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Yea... i kinda guessed it was like that after the reputation boost. But again - I have all the big ships i want (Both a combat fitted anaconda and a nicely fitted cutter), so money doesn't mean much at this point. Even after fitting those ships (plus a few other i have stashed away) i have 90mil left :)

It's the lenght of the whole run that kills my will to do anything. I can't bare to keep logging and relogging for an hour, and then haul stuff to 10 different systems. But yea - if I needed money quick, I'd probably do it unless I have something fun to do.
ImageImage

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert

Postby Sevin Church » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:56 am

JohnLuke wrote:Congrats on the Vette, Sevin Church! 8-) 8-)

Thank you! And from repeated runs it is only missing two parts to be A-rated. Then I am gonna concentrate on getting it RNGineered out, sarting with the FSD of course lol.

Azraphael
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Azraphael

Postby Azraphael » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:19 pm

I've not tried it yet as I took of across the galaxy to break the rep grind monotony, but I did read that the amount of rep you get from a mission decreases once you get allied with that faction? I don't know if its true, but if it is the case wouldn't it be beneficial, once allied, to hit the nav beacon in the system, kill an authority ship or two, to lower faction rep, go pay the fine and then continue mission?

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Return to “Screenshots”