New external Camera....

Post your fabulous screenshots of Elite: Dangerous here!
Blooper01
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Angelitsa Frell
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: New external Camera....

Postby Blooper01 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Walter wrote:
Blooper01 wrote:Looks like I will only get to take pics of the back end of my ships. Still can't get the camera to turn around.

I see you've had problems with yaw control, but doesn't a 180 pitch followed by 180 roll work?

No, my camera only moves forward and back, slides left to right and up and down, and I can tilt (yaw) it to the left or right. I cannot nose up/down/left/right. I can only move my camera 2 dimensional. Once I engage the camera, I no longer have use of my mouse (except for mouse wheel which controls my throttle, which moves the camera forward and back).

Verz
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Verz

Postby Verz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:07 pm

Flip wrote:It's named Debug Camera or something that contains Debug Camera. It's at the very bottom of a section near the bottom of the page. Not sure about the name of the section, though. Maybe Miscellaneous.

Ahhh I missed that. I'll take a good look.

Verz
Novice
Novice

Postby Verz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Walter wrote:
Verz wrote:Image

In the background - isn't that a 'Galactic' class 4-10-2 locomotive with the reverse induction steambox and the titanium Walschaerts valve gear? I didn't think there were any left.
Verz wrote:Can we have a dedicated screenshot section, please?

I still think this is a good idea, but are there logistical problems that need to be addressed?

Ha, unsure about the ship in the background. But, I did think it looked pretty funky.

Flip mentioned there is a section in misc. on the forums somewhere. I'm unsure about logistic problems. So I can't say. Just thought it would be nice to have a main section on the board index.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Walter wrote:
Verz wrote:Image

In the background - isn't that a 'Galactic' class 4-10-2 locomotive with the reverse induction steambox and the titanium Walschaerts valve gear? I didn't think there were any left.

LOL :D
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Blooper01 wrote:
Walter wrote:
Blooper01 wrote:Looks like I will only get to take pics of the back end of my ships. Still can't get the camera to turn around.

I see you've had problems with yaw control, but doesn't a 180 pitch followed by 180 roll work?

No, my camera only moves forward and back, slides left to right and up and down, and I can tilt (yaw) it to the left or right. I cannot nose up/down/left/right. I can only move my camera 2 dimensional. Once I engage the camera, I no longer have use of my mouse (except for mouse wheel which controls my throttle, which moves the camera forward and back).

I've just gone in to try this for myself. (I had to reconfigure the keyboard controls to my settings as everything was lost earlier this week and I had only reset controls for my hotas.) The camera control in the Options is indeed under Miscellaneous and is only used to set the camera launch key binding.
I checked that I could control my ship from the keyboard: pitch, roll and yaw all worked correctly.
Then I launched the camera and used the same controls with no problems: move forward, pitch up 180, roll 180, and there was my ship. I could have done a 180 yaw to get the same result but yawing is much slower.
What are you doing that's different?

Blooper01
Novice
Novice

Postby Blooper01 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:52 pm

I got it figured out, I think. I can move around my ship once I either lift off or am in space. Here I am leaving spacedock, and another heading out of dock for a war zone.

Verz
Novice
Novice

Postby Verz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Blooper01 wrote:I got it figured out, I think. I can move around my ship once I either lift off or am in space. Here I am leaving spacedock, and another heading out of dock for a war zone.

Nice shots!!

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:18 am

Blooper01 wrote:I got it figured out, I think. I can move around my ship once I either lift off or am in space.

Well done. You can move around in the hangar - I got caught at first like you did, but eventually found persistence helps. Here's a vid of camera work - a bit verbose but quite interesting otherwise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmtK3nFKvME

Blooper01
Novice
Novice

Postby Blooper01 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm

I couldn't resist yesterday, took a few shots in the T6.

This was a first for me, never had an approach that looked like this.

These are a couple cool shots leaving space dock to go get more rares.

Blooper01
Novice
Novice

Postby Blooper01 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:07 pm

So finally tried the external camera while in motion.

Return to “Screenshots”