How to easily get invitation from The Dweller engineer (trade at 5 Black Markets)

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

How to easily get invitation from The Dweller engineer (trade at 5 Black Markets)

Postby raorn » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:46 am

You don't have to smuggle illegal goods. All mission-specific commodities, that marked as "HAULAGE" can be sold at Black Market. If that was cargo transfer mission, then it will fail. Another solution is to take salvage mission, go to location, collect all but one required items (like 5 out of 6), reload location (relogin works fine) and there will be another 6 (in our example) mission items available. Collect them all, now you have some extra "HAULAGE" items, that could be sold at Black Markets. Don't need to sell more than one at one market, but do it before completing the mission or all items will be consumed.

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: How to easily get invitation from The Dweller engineer (trade at 5 Black Markets)

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Thanks. I used this.

Also, Lei Cheung's requirements appear to be met by black market dealings AND commodities market dealings. If you take and abandon a cargo mission, pay the fine then carry that stuff to a few high pop systems with many stations (Sol is great), you can increase your requirement quota when stations have a black market without having to worry about whether or not your commodities made a profit. (Apparently they need to make a profit to count, or so I've read).

If I was more intelligent I would have held on to some more of the stuff I mined for what's her face, which is also pure profit.
I was hoping to sell it to her for rep gains, but after mining 500t of junk, I only got to rank 3 after selling it to Prospector's Rest.

Disappoint.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: How to easily get invitation from The Dweller engineer (trade at 5 Black Markets)

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:49 pm

I can assure you trading at a loss still count for the lei chung req.

It seemed to only update the counter though for every 2-3 markets when I did this on my secondary.

I only needed to sell one unit at each station and only needed 50, and half of them was selling at a loss.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:39 pm

TorTorden wrote:I can assure you trading at a loss still count for the lei chung req.

It seemed to only update the counter though for every 2-3 markets when I did this on my secondary.

I only needed to sell one unit at each station and only needed 50, and half of them was selling at a loss.

Bad internet. No Biscuit.

I was wondering about this, and although I have the memory of a goldfish, I did think that i'd bought something and sold it at a loss and then seen an increase in the count, but I did notice that even profit making or blackmarket deals often didn't register until a board flip or some unknown delay.

Flipped the board and yup. +1

Return to “Tips and Tricks”