Fast way to fully recharge mega shields

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
xaero5150
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: xaero5150
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Fast way to fully recharge mega shields

Postby xaero5150 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 pm

I stumbled across a way to go from 10% or less to 100% shields on my seriously engineered corvette (the FNS ROFLSTOMP) and decided to offer some help for those that have singularly equipped ships. My ship is equipped with a class 7 prismatic shield with G5 reinforced and 8x G5 heavy duty A class shield boosters for about 8,500 MJ of shield power. As many know, recharging shields like this, even in the station takes FOREVER. This tip will work for all ships with all shield types, but because of the recharge penalty, it works best for shields that are supersized. All you have to do is:

1) Land on any nearby planet. Usually conflict zones spawn around landable planets, so this should not be a problem.

2) Deploy SRV and immediately dismiss your ship.

3) As soon as your ship is off the scanner, recall it.

4) Reenter the ship and your shields will be 100% after only a few seconds.

5) Go back to conflict zone and unleash the fury of hell upon your enemies.

I have tested this with a combat fitted anaconda with about 5,000 MJ, a combat fitted cutter with just under 9,000 MJ (I need to re roll the prismatics so they can be OVER 9,000!) and several other ships. I have tested with and without NPC pilot but I have NOT tested with a multicrew pilot. One caveat, I have noticed that upon return, the ship always has the power distribution set weird. And by "weird", I mean set in such a way as to make combat tricky. Hopefully this helps some of you.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Fast way to fully recharge mega shields

Postby TorTorden » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Reboot & repair restores shields to 50%, and you can refill life support through synthesis now.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Honestly, this may save you some time, but it should really be reported as a bug (probably has been, several times). It's almost as bad as taking an NPC's shields down and the hull down to 1%, when they hop into SC and magically have 100% on both! I assume that's still a thing.
It's time to give this another go.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Honestly, this may save you some time, but it should really be reported as a bug (probably has been, several times). It's almost as bad as taking an NPC's shields down and the hull down to 1%, when they hop into SC and magically have 100% on both! I assume that's still a thing.

I believe this to be a safety or "less hassle" feature for fdev in case ships crash into the surface when being recalled. And we all known that is still thing.

As for the npc regen.
it's simply because the system is remembering stats. you generate a new instance.
The server then has in its little post it note thst you are due for a mission pirate by the name of 'fiddlebum-fuck 9000' and generates it.

That post-it is stuck to your instance server until "fiddlebum-fuck 9000" is reported killed.
Another option is to defeat the interdiction game, which is piss easy again btw, this does not remove the post-it, but it won't be looked at again until you trigger the formation of a new supercruise instance, thus circuitously earning a reprieve.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:04 am

#@*>"!&#%&@> F.D. - fix the *&>!%@I#> game already!
It's time to give this another go.

Elnrik
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Elnrik

Postby Elnrik » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:52 am

Disable all shield boosters, reboot spaceship, enable boosters, and Viola! ... 80% shield health in 30 seconds.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:33 am

How do you manage to lose 9000MJ of Shield in the first place lol.

And I'll retest but I'm sure boosters need to be charged once activated

wooleyx64
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: wooley-x64

Postby wooleyx64 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 pm

TorTorden wrote:
I believe this to be a safety or "less hassle" feature for fdev in case ships crash into the surface when being recalled. And we all known that is still thing.

Oh dear God! What happens if your ship crashes on recall and blows up when you are in SRV? I have made many landings and I never thought about this possibility. Really scares me to think of it.

I roll paper thin shields on my xploraconda....

-Wooleyx64

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:03 am

wooleyx64 wrote:
TorTorden wrote:

Oh dear God! What happens if your ship crashes on recall and blows up when you are in SRV? I have made many landings and I never thought about this possibility. Really scares me to think of it.

I roll paper thin shields on my xploraconda....

-Wooleyx64

Then you are sitting in your srv.
When that goes you get a rebuy screen.

Addendum:
The thing to avoid are tight deep canyons, it seems the AI takes your elevation as 0 and completely disregards canyon walls.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

William Wolfen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: William Wolfen

Postby William Wolfen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Relix Typhon wrote:How do you manage to lose 9000MJ of Shield in the first place lol.

And I'll retest but I'm sure boosters need to be charged once activated
It's easy when your resistances are terrible. I'm more of the biweave with good resistances type. Sure it didn't last quite as long in one go, but it comes back stupid fast.

Even going with the massive buffer method, using a thermal resist mod on the shield and 3 resistance augmented boosters with the rest heavy duty it should have much tougher shields. I just ran this on coriolis and while the absolute shield bank drops by a third, the effective to thermal went from 9500 to 14500. Considering thermal is whay really kills shields anyway, this is a gigantic improvement. It'll sell take 45 minutes to get your shields back after they drop, but that's down from an hour and 20 minutes.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”