Why does Frontier hate explorers?

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Why does Frontier hate explorers?

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Xebeth wrote:I hope you find the route you are looking for OP.

Off Topic
Is it just me however, but the PS4 version came out on the 27th June, 3 weeks ago, and people already have Anacondas.

The next person who complains about making money I am going to slap.

Been saying that for ages......Far too easy to make money now......

3 weeks and in an Anaconda.......Sheesh......

Nearly 3 years and nowhere near one....

Thank god.......

Hate the big ships......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dyrewolff
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dyrewolff
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Dyrewolff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Yes I know I got an Anaconda quick compared to you PC players. While some of you may still disagree i have two responses to that. One being, I did work my butt of for this thing. You can ask anybody that I've played with. Most of them saw me online constantly trudging away trying to make money. So while i'm not saying to worked as hard as all of you who did it on other platforms, it wasn't exactly an easy task. The second being that PS4 is playing catch up. Anybody playing on that system could likely not be able to be significantly involved in the new content to come out when Thargoid show up. I know that people still may disagree with it, but there it is.

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Amonoa Sunrider

Postby Sunrider » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:34 am

Ya, I was willing to stop everything and grind for ships. (Still am a total ship-whore) :D
When I joined the game most of the IT team at my work played, and there were people that had played for years, that were saving up for a vulture, and I was flying around getting the equipment I wanted for my new 'conda and they flipped. I was just a little more focused on it. Various guides (Some great help here) and such out there got me the ships, but as someone just said it best, I couldn't fly worth a darn and knew little more about the game than trading rares and slaves to buy a ship. In fact all this time later I'm still trying to learn dogfighting from some of the people that were aghast at my ships. :P
It all works out in the end, IMHO.
"See you, ... out there."
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Dumb Q ...

Postby thebs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 am

Dumb Q ...

Has anyone tried to fly directly, low-waking (Supercruising) from one system to a perma-locked one, instead of high-waking?

E.g., load up with a lot of extra gas tanks, scoop up and then spend the dozens of hours traveling there in Supercruise?

Just curious.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 am

Hi thebs.

Theoretically it can be done. However, once you arrived there (and it could take a VARY LONG TIME), you'll find nothing there. The reason for this is that when you hyper-jump to a new system, the game loads the system in during the "witch-space" journey. Supercruise to a new system and the game won't load the system in. You'll just arrive to see empty space.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:45 am

Myrm wrote:Hi thebs.

Theoretically it can be done. However, once you arrived there (and it could take a VARY LONG TIME), you'll find nothing there. The reason for this is that when you hyper-jump to a new system, the game loads the system in during the "witch-space" journey. Supercruise to a new system and the game won't load the system in. You'll just arrive to see empty space.

I don't see why FD couldn't implement a load at the half way mark, even with a system about 1LY away, barring the initial speed up and slow down of supercruise that is capped at 2001c (funny haha :roll: ) you would travel that LY in just about 4 hours.
Plenty of time to do a system load, don't you think ?

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Re: Dumb Q ...

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:56 am

thebs wrote:Dumb Q ...

Has anyone tried to fly directly, low-waking (Supercruising) from one system to a perma-locked one, instead of high-waking?

E.g., load up with a lot of extra gas tanks, scoop up and then spend the dozens of hours traveling there in Supercruise?

Just curious.

I tried it. There were two systems that were very close together - so close that I should have been able to reach one from the other. But after hours of SC, I was more than twice as far away from the local star than I should have needed to be to reach the second, but I still wasn't there. I was pretty disappointed. I suppose what Myrm said would happen happened.

*edit - just noticed you specified perma-locked. I was just going between unlocked systems. Nevermind. :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Thanx guys. Glad to hear people tested this.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Slamdance Kozmopolis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Slamdance Kozmopolis

Postby Slamdance Kozmopolis » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Sunrider wrote:Ya, I was willing to stop everything and grind for ships. (Still am a total ship-whore) :D
When I joined the game most of the IT team at my work played, and there were people that had played for years, that were saving up for a vulture, and I was flying around getting the equipment I wanted for my new 'conda and they flipped. I was just a little more focused on it. Various guides (Some great help here) and such out there got me the ships, but as someone just said it best, I couldn't fly worth a darn and knew little more about the game than trading rares and slaves to buy a ship. In fact all this time later I'm still trying to learn dogfighting from some of the people that were aghast at my ships. :P
It all works out in the end, IMHO.

I earned the money for my first Anaconda (yes, I have two) from a single passenger mission to a system called Dance of Cerberus...

What's so hard?

:P

SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler

Postby SockFiddler » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Trying to SC between systems is the single most predictable way to get a visit from the Fuel Rats.

Also, 'Condas.... Just makes me sigh. Hey, there's this whole game with loads and loads of stuff to unlock, explore and master. But, by all means, ignore all that "game" jazz, skip to the end-game ship, unlock and learn nothing and then get all uppity that you can't fly your Ultimate E-Peen wherever you feel you ought to flap it.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. And just because you did doesn't mean that you now get to expect FD to bow down before you Elite Awesome Sauceness and unlock everything else you want because of your mighty might.

There should be a special forum rank for people who post "I worked so hard for this wah wah" to save the rest of us the trouble of reading and trying to think up solutions to non-existent problems. There's only a finite number of ways people can politely find to paraphrase "Grow up and stop being such a man baby".

As you can see, I gave up challenging myself to find one ;)
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

Return to “Tips and Tricks”