High wake Escape

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

High wake Escape

Postby tinnitus » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Been High Waking at the Sun when there is an indication of a pending interdiction via Comms Panel. Open Bookmark select System, jump when ready. If not successful and get interdicted then the next system is already ready locked for High Wake escape after Boosting when waiting for FSD cool down. Have named some escape bookmarks so that that appear top of my Bookmark list. Example, abc-escape would appear first well you know how that works, but a Bookmark named 000_some-name-here goes to the top of the list or 00 or 0. Just a thought.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: High wake Escape

Postby KRRONOSS » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Do you mean to suggest that you should be able to access bookmarked systems via left panel (in navigation)? If so, I agree this would be a good idea.
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:35 am

Kronos wrote:Do you mean to suggest that you should be able to access bookmarked systems via left panel (in navigation)? If so, I agree this would be a good idea.
Yep. Especially with a HMD, where I'm finding the mouse is useless in the Galaxy/System maps.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:48 am

Kronos wrote:Do you mean to suggest that you should be able to access bookmarked systems via left panel (in navigation)? If so, I agree this would be a good idea.

Sure appears to me that many parts of the game is designed for a single Monitor user and one should not have to always lose one screen in certain aspects of the game, Navigation and Status Screens, the sensor screen (3) would be a great place to have other way points plotted selecting then with mouse, touch, keys etc or addition HUD information one could quickly view using the down POV. Forgot to add, more Multiple Monitor friendly.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS

Postby KRRONOSS » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:14 am

I'd also like to see multi-destination course plotting. For example, say you want to visit multiple locations, afaict at the moment you can only plot to one location, then have to re plot to the next stop. Be great if you could have multiple stop courses (even if that meant traveling through multiple systems on the way to each "stop"/station). I think traders would just love this.
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”