Trader / Mining ship defense against interdictions

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Trader / Mining ship defense against interdictions

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:41 pm

Hey guys, this video by Vindicator Jones shows a VERY good defense strategy for large ships to beat interdictions.

I never thought about mines before, but I'll be adding them to my trade Cutter tonight!

https://youtu.be/ZzRLt0Zm8Nk
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghworg
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Trader / Mining ship defense against interdictions

Postby Ghworg » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Excellent video, will definitely be trying that strategy on my T9 next time I'm trading.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:01 am

JohnLuke wrote:Hey guys, this video by Vindicator Jones shows a VERY good defense strategy for large ships to beat interdictions.

I never thought about mines before, but I'll be adding them to my trade Cutter tonight!

https://youtu.be/ZzRLt0Zm8Nk

It is a good strategy and thanks for sharing Commander JohnLuke. On a side note been doing this 3 Trade Hop for a few days getting interdicted at times (too many) during the first Jump, looking at the route it finally hit home Jump pass the first system if I could live with a downgrade to a couple internals increasing my range (darn I feel silly) I did and have not seen those Wascally Pirates since this morning. Sometimes less is more.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

cmad1977
Harmless
Harmless

Postby cmad1977 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:44 pm

I killed a vulture with mines in my T6. Yay me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Last night when Interdicted by a Deadly Python flying a Clipper, I've been curious about running silent so boosted, Boosted and more boosting until there was no Target on sensors. Went Silent waited, then more waiting went visible no Python then low wake to the station. Will try that again later depending on what pulls me out of SC.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:31 pm

cmad1977 wrote:I killed a vulture with mines in my T6. Yay me?

That's awesome! Success! :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:54 pm

tinnitus wrote:On a side note been doing this 3 Trade Hop for a few days getting interdicted at times (too many) during the first Jump, looking at the route it finally hit home Jump pass the first system if I could live with a downgrade to a couple internals increasing my range (darn I feel silly) I did and have not seen those Wascally Pirates since this morning. Sometimes less is more.

Let me guess, that first system was an anarchy or other low security one? The system security levels actually mean something now, so if or of our bounty hunters wants some interesting action, load up with valuable stuff, and SC around in a well-populated low security anarchy.

On the other hand, if your cargo is valuable enough, you get NPC pirates in unpopulated systems. I have done a lot of exploring in the Pleiades nebula over the last couple of days, but each time I carry an UA through the region for some mad science on Merope 5C, the "fun" starts.

Note: I do not recommend carrying an UA into the bubble for an "let them interdict me" experiment. Those things corrode your ship from within.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Cometborne wrote:Let me guess, that first system was an anarchy or other low security one? The system security levels actually mean something now,
Which I find is utter BS, even 2.1.02+. I was in a Federation system, Federation allied, including local system factions, and got taken out within 3ly of the primary station.

I've turned the game off and watched 10+ hours of video the past week. Basically totally feel justified for turning it off. It's the same old crap. People like me, 50-100M, not flying for combat, don't have any engineer upgrades (yet), are in serious trouble, especially if we're still only trading or mining.

All of the "recommendations" are by people not grinding, equipped for combat (or in a well protected/armed Anaconda with enough components to spare a little bit for trading, or maybe a little for mining), etc...
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghworg

Postby Ghworg » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:55 pm

First interdiction of my T9 with the new setup, and I got completely wrecked by a competant FAS, 3 million rebuy and an 90 minutes of mining down the drain. Now admittedly I only had 1M+2S mine layers not a full complement because I was coming back from mining, but still pissed me off. Every time the mines took him down to one bar he would fire a shield cell and restore to full.

I'm coming to the conclusion it is just not possible in 2.1 to use any ships that are not fully combat rigged or speed demons.

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

No one is listening

Postby thebs » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Ghworg wrote:First interdiction of my T9 with the new setup, and I got completely wrecked by a competant FAS, 3 million rebuy and an 90 minutes of mining down the drain. Now admittedly I only had 1M+2S mine layers not a full complement because I was coming back from mining, but still pissed me off. Every time the mines took him down to one bar he would fire a shield cell and restore to full.

I'm coming to the conclusion it is just not possible in 2.1 to use any ships that are not fully combat rigged or speed demons.
No one is listening to us. I am tired of logging on, burning 2 hours well away from everyone, and getting killed right before I cash in at the very end ... even when I'm on a measly, low-level, 4t Osmium mission! And I was in a pretty well armed Python.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Tips and Tricks”