Interdiction Observations

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Black Rose

Interdiction Observations

Postby Black Rose » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Ok some of you know and some don't that I am working towards Rank 5 for my power.

I've done 4500 merits in the last three days as well as killing alliance enforcers, and taking down wanted npcs

So roughly 300 or so interdictions, so far.

Now allot of people complain about how wonky they seem to be, I know I do but I've made some notes and watched the NPCs pretty closely and I've found the following:

- The Keelback handles far better than any other transport in evading an interdiction.
- The rating of the NPC matters; Higher than me and their bar starts out higher then my bar and they gain advantage faster and more consistently. Equal to my rating and the bars are equal and its a toss up, using rudder to move left or right is more precise the banking. Ratings lower than me and my bar is at a much higher level.
- The only time lag seems to be involved is when you see the double and sometimes triple images.
- Also lag is present when your bar is empty and suddenly fills as if by magic.

But the real issue on weather you will win or lose is how the AI compares your combat rank to its own.
Last edited by Black Rose on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nethaufer
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nethaufer
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Interdiction Observations

Postby Nethaufer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Huh, makes sense. Should see if higher level interdictors have an effect on that balance. Maybe see if that affects players interdicting players too.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Humm..... I had never thought about the NPC's combat rank during interdictions.

Great observation, Black Rose! 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Black Rose wrote:<snip>

Great info Black Rose, I hope don't mind if I move this to 'Tips and Tricks' so others can find it in the future :)
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:53 am

Xebeth wrote:
Black Rose wrote:<snip>

Great info Black Rose, I hope don't mind if I move this to 'Tips and Tricks' so others can find it in the future :)

No problem, I never know where to put stuff sometimes :) I also edited it as its obvious my brain moves faster than my fingers lol

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:40 pm

Re : Keelback interdiction evasion - some ships really do it better than others. I was stunned when my second ship - a Viper 4 - had an easier time beating interdictions than my Sidey. I think that ships that have "sweet"& stable handling are better at it.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:02 am

Tifu wrote:Re : Keelback interdiction evasion - some ships really do it better than others. I was stunned when my second ship - a Viper 4 - had an easier time beating interdictions than my Sidey. I think that ships that have "sweet"& stable handling are better at it.

I set the arrow keys on my KB to instantly set my speed. Left arrow, for example, is 75% speed. So two things happen as soon as I am in range for an interdiction.

1. Hit Joystick trigger, right hand.
2. Hit the left arrow key for 75% power, left hand.

I cruise at 75% power normally, give me way more control but usually if I am chasing an NPC I am at full power. Anyway, dropping to 75% with the tap one button makes it easier than fiddling with the S key.

Now once the tether is in place I twist the stick, left or right rudder depending which way the NPC is moving. Now, sometimes the NPC will climb so high that its not even in the HUD anymore, so a quick look at your radar will show you where he went and just point your target in that direction.

When I 1st started to work on my Rank 5 aka 10,000 merits I was failing 3 time out out of 5. I blamed lag, my PC, the Elite Client, the Elite servers and all along it was just me. How odd is that? lol

Anyway today I did 4,000 merits. Did it in 2 hour sessions and I can honestly say that all day, something like 200 interdictions, and I failed a total of 3 times !

ToxicVampire
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ToxicVampire
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby ToxicVampire » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:04 pm

This may be a silly question then, but as a new person that is still on Harmless for combat, if I get interdicted and appear to be able to escape very easily, would it be I guess, more favorable than not, to submit to the interdiction just to kill the person? The last time I got interdicted it was a struggle and I finally gave in, then boosted like hell to get out of there. But a couple others it was pretty much turn towards the escape vector and I was free.

Slightly related, is there a way to tell what ship they are using? If I get interdicted can I just push G or whatever target highest priority is?

Return to “Tips and Tricks”