FAS loadout help

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Dinklebot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dinklebot
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

FAS loadout help

Postby Dinklebot » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Just bought a FAS, mostly A-graded ( i need only the power plant and the thrusters but that's no problem) but i can't decide the weapons loadout:

Will be 2 mediums rails and 2 large fixed pulse lasers a good idea for bounty hunting and conflict zones?

Also the shields...i fitted 2 A shield boosters but not quite sure if i should fit the standard or the bi-weave shields.

Any tips?

FryGuy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FryGuy

Re: FAS loadout help

Postby FryGuy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:02 pm

I'm running 2 C3 gimballed pulse lasers and 2 C2 fixed plasma accelerators. Been making fairly short work of anacondas with it. Hull reinforcement packages are nice too -- I've been pulling up to smaller ships in HazRes sites and just boosting into them. The hull mass just rams right through smaller vessels with hardly a dent. Not sure about the bi-weave shields though, curious to hear reports about them on the FAS.

-edit

Also, be aware that your shields are gonna go down fast in that thing. It's almost Vulture level of maneuverable, so use that to stay behind larger targets. Don't freak out when the shields drop. The hull can take a pounding.

NiitroGenius
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NiitroGenius

Postby NiitroGenius » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:35 am

Railguns are not that good for RES's as they have very limited ammo. If you want a gun that packs a punch, either the cannon or Plasma Acc is the way to go.

Bi-weave is good if you are applying shield boosters. But I would use a ship building website to see the shield strength differences between normal shield or Bi-weave.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:52 am

I've kept it nice and simple, large gimballed pulse, medium gimballed multis, allows me to have boosters and an A5 SCB. Add in the military armor and hull reinforcement and it's pew pew heaven.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Dinklebot
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dinklebot

Postby Dinklebot » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:32 am

Thank you for the tips!

In the end because i had credits to spare, i decided to fit 4 plasma accelerators and use it as a shotgun, i had to fight with the power management and every time i fire the plasmas the heat goes straight up to 90% but i can 3 shot almost every ship.

Totally worth it.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”