Best ship and setup for dirty work?

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Best ship and setup for dirty work?

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:28 pm

I've been trading mostly, only dealing with trouble that came my way. Now I'd like to try my hand at looking for trouble.

Missions like "Cleaner Required" and "Human traffic".

I'm assuming that I need a wake scanner and an interdictor for these sorts of missions? Do I need hatch limpets?

My initial thoughts on ships, is either the Vulture or the Dropship. I'm a fed afterall. :)

So what are your thoughts? Tips, tricks and ideas welcome.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Best ship and setup for dirty work?

Postby TorTorden » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Still think my python is the best at this, perfect balance of shields and dps.

If you can't afford one of those yet (90+ mil to spare) you could try the Asp.

I used one for fehu runs with two medium bursts and the rest of my hard points loaded up with seeker missiles.
Take down shields with bursts, then annihilate them with the missiles. That setup could handle most targets even though I had really weak shields on that build.
Ammo cost on that build was fairly intense and you need to reload rather often but they sure punch above their weight class. Well once you have shields down no point in shooting missiles before shields are down.

Think the drop ship can work as well but I haven't flown it myself.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:09 pm

What about the FAS, great manoeuvrability, more fire power than the Vulture, built like a tank. I've been flying one for a few weeks and I'd put it up there with the FDL to be honest.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:15 pm

Cheers both. I have a much loved Python for pretty much everything, but thought it would be fun with a dedicated DirtyWork. :) Maybe more nimble, with more risk?

But what kind of setup do I need for these missions, and how do I best go about them?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:28 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
I'm assuming that I need a wake scanner and an interdictor for these sorts of missions? Do I need hatch limpets?

I've done one, and I just did the jumping into USS stuff until I found the target, took down their shields, targeted the cargo hatch and out popped the hostage.

That said, an interdictor means you can hunt them down in SC, not sure about the value of a wake scanner as I've never had an assassination target jump away (or at least they've never lived long enough to), the limpets would speed things up and avoid you destroying them before they dropped the 'cargo'.

Be warned however, these missions looked pretty bugged at the moment and lots of people are complaining that even when they have the cargo they can't hand it in.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:53 pm

If you find a ship with a washer, Dryer, and dishwasher please let me know ^.^
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Mouse wrote:If you find a ship with a washer, Dryer, and dishwasher please let me know ^.^

Well the FAS has two coffee machines in the cockpit, so it may have those somewhere in the back.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:58 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Mouse wrote:If you find a ship with a washer, Dryer, and dishwasher please let me know ^.^

Well the FAS has two coffee machines in the cockpit, so it may have those somewhere in the back.

And here I thought the Empire had a monopoly on good Coffee Tech :P
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Mouse wrote:
Xebeth wrote:

And here I thought the Empire had a monopoly on good Coffee Tech :P

Nah....

Empire has a monopoly on KY Jell though.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Xebeth wrote:I've done one, and I just did the jumping into USS stuff until I found the target, took down their shields, targeted the cargo hatch and out popped the hostage.

That said, an interdictor means you can hunt them down in SC, not sure about the value of a wake scanner as I've never had an assassination target jump away (or at least they've never lived long enough to), the limpets would speed things up and avoid you destroying them before they dropped the 'cargo'.

Be warned however, these missions looked pretty bugged at the moment and lots of people are complaining that even when they have the cargo they can't hand it in.

Ok. Thanks for the tips. So targets spawn in USS. Good to know. Yeah, I find missions in general can be quite frustrating. Between the dubious narrative and odd bugs, it can be really hard to figure out what is going on... :)

I have a Dropship stored somewhere. I think it's time it came back to duty in Raffs. :)

Return to “Tips and Tricks”