Good ship for a Newbie to go for?

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
DuskCrane
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DuskCrane431
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Good ship for a Newbie to go for?

Postby DuskCrane » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:06 pm

I moved from the Sidey to the Viper 3, then to Cobra 3 until I could get my Imp Eagle. I did the trading/hauling out of LHS 3447 at first, but I don't mind slow runs so I just started doing data courier work. Start at one station, load up on BB missions, then pick the next stop within one jump. Repeat. It took a while...okay a REALLY long while, but I eventually had enough creds to upgrade my Cobra and head over to Synteini for the ImpE.

I still do data runs even though I enjoy bounty hunting, just to have a change of pace. Honestly, until you know what you want to focus on and what kind of loadout you'll need, the Cobra is the best all-rounder.

Dave Sewell
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Markev Tierson

Postby Dave Sewell » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi,

Im fairly new myself but have made my way up to a T6. They are a bit of a nightmare to start with, but plough your first profits into upgrades and they soon become good little ships for trading...I manage to avoid almost every interdiction attempt and they can haul a good cargo. No need to carry any weapons, just a heatsink, and a couple of shield boosters in your utility slots. Get the drive top spec, max 3 of your cargo bays out and loose the smallest one for a secondary fuel tank..just upgrade everything to the max, but do not go very high with bulkheads or you will loose jump capability and it comes in really handy when you need to make the dollah!

If you want a detailed setup..just give me a shout. Im quite proud of my little T6, she's ugly, but she gets the job done!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:07 am

Dave Sewell wrote: she's ugly, but she gets the job done!

Sounds like my wife.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dave Sewell
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Markev Tierson

Postby Dave Sewell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Dave Sewell wrote: she's ugly, but she gets the job done!

Sounds like my wife.......

:D

:shock: lol

Return to “Tips and Tricks”