ED Market Connector

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

ED Market Connector

Postby Loriath » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:15 pm

As some of you may be aware, there is a little program called ED Market Connector. It is mainly used by traders to pull market data from the stations they are docked in and send it to EDDN and/or to a local file to be used by third party tools to find trade routes.

Because it uses the EDAPI that was developed for the ED App, it has the benefit of being 100% accurate in it's data collection. This is important to sites such as INARA as Artie will only accept data from EDDN that uses the EDAPI method to make sure it has reliable accurate data.

It also has the the ability to update EDDN with what ships are available in the shipyard for the station you are at. This was a great benefit to using it. It has recently been updated.

Now we have ANOTHER reason to use this great little tool: It now can also pull all the Outfitting Information for the station and send that to EDDN which is now providing that data to sites such as INARA for us to search for any item we need for our ships.

The Market Data, Shipyard Data, and Outfitting Information is really good for everyone, so if you have never thought of using this tool, and even if you are not a Trader, you can help the community.

The tool is open source and the source code has been vetted by the community to do what it says and only what it says. The one caveat that I have is that you have to give it your Frontier Credentials that you use on the Frontier Store website. If you don't feel safe doing so, then don't use this tool. I have every confidence in this tool and have no issue using it.

Now, you can get the tool here: https://github.com/Marginal/EDMarketCon ... stallation (both Mac and PC versions are available)

You can Read more about it Here: https://github.com/Marginal/EDMarketConnector/wiki
and Here: http://edcodex.info/?m=tools&entry=150

Once you have installed it, you have to give it your username and password, and then an email code from frontier will be sent to your email with an auth code that you must enter into the program. Once that happens, it will log in and wait for you to tell it to update.

When you have landed at a station or outpost, you just click update (or assign a Hotkey in the settings to trigger it) and you will hear a sound to let you know it has gotten the information. You can use VA to press the Hotkey you assign, or macro it to one of your HOTAS buttons even. (I have both setup depending on if I am using VA at the time or not)

It sends the Market, shipyard, and outfitting to EDDN and then is forwarded out to sites such as INARA when they request it. If you are a trader and use another tool, such as Slopeys, Thrudds, or Trade Dangerous, you can also configure it to save the price files locally for the the market data. It is SO much faster than EliteOCR and 100% accurate, because it is from Frontier's Database.

Even if you are not a trader, using this program can help us get a more complete listing of where to get ships and modules, which is a win for everyone. When you land, you just make it part of your routine to click the button, give the command, or hit the joystick button, however you set it up, and you can help everyone.

Oh and it also tracks prices, and they are building the price checks into EDDN so we can in the future search for discounted Modules or Ships!
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Re: ED Market Connector

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Hmmmmm.......

Sounds useful.......

Not sure about giving out my info though......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby pargyrak » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Was using it for some time now...

Even if they get your info no real harm can be done as in order to use another device an email from from frontier is sent to YOUR email address.

Of course if they hack your email also then .....
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Hmmmmm.......

Sounds useful.......

Not sure about giving out my info though......

Your info is not sent anywhere but to FD for authorization. It doesn't leave the PC/MAC except to login and the login is using SSL.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:16 pm

I'll have a read up on it whilst I am pad hogging at miller.......Waiting for a decent mission.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

HazCat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: HazCat
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby HazCat » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Just my two cents, but... EDMC is a very nice little tool. Not only can you set it to pull a snapshot of each station you visit but you can also set it to send said snapshot to EDDN as a fast way to "give back" a little when you're using tools like Trade Dangerous. I've made it a habit to hit update when I land as a simple way of contributing to the databases. MUCH simpler than OCR or such-not.
Nullum bonum opus impunita :evil: “No good dead goes unpunished.”

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:04 pm

I've been using ED Market Connector for months. It's sooooo simple and easy to send station info to EDDn it's not even funny.

In fact... it's so easy even Kharma could do it! :roll:

;)

I have mine setup with a hotkey of F11.... just dock, hit F11, hear the cool sound, done.

I still dabble in trading from time to time, and have it setup to save market data in CSV format so that I can upload to Thrudds when I choose to do so.

What I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is that it can also save your ship's loadout! **VERY** handy if you changed modules and forgot to update your favorite ship configuration website. You can set it to save in Ciriolis or E:D shipyard format (or both).

It can also send a flight log to Elite Dangerous Star Map, although I don't know what that is.

All in all.... an extremely useful little program that helps our entire E-D community. 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:12 pm

JohnLuke wrote:What I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is that it can also save your ship's loadout! **VERY** handy if you changed modules and forgot to update your favorite ship configuration website. You can set it to save in Ciriolis or E:D shipyard format (or both).

Oh I forgot that part ;) And no Comment about "So Easy a Kharma could do it!" You are on your own on that one.

It can also send a flight log to Elite Dangerous Star Map, although I don't know what that is.

Me either. lol
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Return to “Tips and Tricks”