Smuggling out of Sothis/Ceos

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Smuggling out of Sothis/Ceos

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Good......

Because smuggling is naughty and illegal.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Good......

Because smuggling is naughty and illegal.....

Oh Sure, Like Drinking and Flying and shooting people in their Asp is not naughty and totally legal.....

:evil:
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Zadkiel
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Gameson
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Zadkiel » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Loriath wrote:If tonight is any indication, they have nerfed all smuggling. I have yet to see a mission over 200k.

I got about 30mil worth in Robigo over 2 hours. All of them had Tycoon requirement.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:40 pm

I wonder if it was a background bug or done deliberately. Given there has been no word from FD on it (unless I missed it), they could have just thrown them out there for a short while (probably not though).

Anyway, thought about giving it a go over the weekend but it sounded too much like a chore and didn't involve killing stuff (well not enough stuff anyway).

Yes I could have earned a truck load of cash and upgraded everything, but then what?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Engadine
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Engadine

Postby Engadine » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:52 pm

Xebeth wrote:I wonder if it was a background bug or done deliberately. Given there has been no word from FD on it (unless I missed it), they could have just thrown them out there for a short while (probably not though).

Anyway, thought about giving it a go over the weekend but it sounded too much like a chore and didn't involve killing stuff (well not enough stuff anyway).

Yes I could have earned a truck load of cash and upgraded everything, but then what?

Personally I think it was a BGS Bug, although why it took them so long to fix it I don't know.

I had seen all the threads about the amount that could be made over in Sothis etc. but just never bothered to drop what I was doing to rush on over. I saw a few more threads over the weekend and thought I'd head on over tonight as I'd finished what I was doing, clearly that won't be the case now.

I'm not overly bothered by having missed out, currently have 157m Cr in the bank and the ships I want. Similar to the Clipper discount, although I participated in the actual CG, I'm not rushing off to get the Clipper. I can only fly one ship at a time and currently enjoying the Python, ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to my play style.

OrionSnake
Novice
Novice
CMDR: OrionSnake

Postby OrionSnake » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:31 pm

I arrived at Robigo this morning but had to go to work. :( I guess back to people trading.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:36 pm

I dropped by Robigo about 1.5 hours ago and the best I saw in 20 minutes was 1.8 million and required elite. There are still a lot of missions up to 1 million plus, which still seem pretty good for beginners. Now I'm back in the T-9. I regret nothing - went from 3% to 70% Elite this weekend. :)
Last edited by Roger Wilco Jr on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's time to give this another go.

Phreedom
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Phreedom

Postby Phreedom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:14 am

Looks like I started and stopped these smuggling runs at the right times. Got lucky I guess. I started working them last week, Monday the 12th. I did my last run yesterday, Sunday. 24 hours later, today, I see they nerfed them. My largest profit on a single run was 70 million in an Asp with 96t cargo out of Robigo yesterday (11 missions). After that run I told myself, "One more and that'll do it for me". So I did one last smuggling run, earned 50 mil, called it good and headed home to Alioth for a much-needed lube job for my Asp (read that carefully).

I guess I quit yesterday because even though it was fun doing those missions, I had earned the amount of credits that I wanted and went from Tycoon to Elite in trading (I was at 42% Tycoon when I started smuggling). Also I, and everyone else practically, knew it was just a matter of time before the nerf hammer came down and I wanted to quit on my own terms...not theirs.

It was fun while it lasted and I did it enough to get my fill. Now I'm preparing for a LONG exploration trip. Won't return to the population bubble until Horizons hit I guess.
Home System: Alioth / CMDR Since: Dec 2014-Mercenary Edition PC / Command Center / YouTube

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:19 am

Phreedom wrote:After that run I told myself, "One more and that'll do it for me".

same here, i didn't need the money but was looking for a way to get my main CMDR to Tycoon rank so he could access any missions needing that rank.

i managed to piece together a very quick and easy 42 mil run in Takurua (nothing less than 5 mil, nothing earlier than 7 hours) to give me the extra few % i needed. as it was, i needed less than half that amount but i wanted to be certain. as soon as it was completed, i went straight back home and docked.

by my rough calculations i'll need to earn 400 mil outright profit to get from Tycoon to Elite - but i'm currently wondering about using mining to help with that. smuggling was all and good, but i didn't like being ruled by the mission timer
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:39 am

So Victoria still seems to be getting missions so I popped over to see what's up. I got about 20 mil in missions up to about 5.5 mil max in about 20 minutes, and then nothing else for 40-50 minutes (while I was fixing dinner). Overall it took about 4 hours including travel time and hanging around. I could have made 50% more trading. There were a lot of missions for 1-1.5 mil.

I did see at least 3 missions for 8.5 mil, but they required Elite rank. :|
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”