Power Distribution Commands?

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Power Distribution Commands?

Postby Schmobius » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Wulfy wrote:
Schmobius wrote:Not using any voice attack at the moment. Just pondering the idea of getting it, when it brought up this related question.

I have a Saitek X-55, so I'm not hurting too badly on buttons, but it would be nice to delegate a few things.

Would be kind of nice to have it talking at me during boring stretches in supercruise, especially as I'm finding Radio Sidewinder getting more and more repetitive. On the other hand, I play with headphones mostly because any sound in my apartment will be heard by my neighbors (and to get the volume to where I can hear dialog well, the explosions might actually blow out windows), and vice versa. So barking spaceship commands at my computer might feel very awkward.

I have the X55 too plus Voice Attack plus I use ED Tracker...a lot to plug in/set up before I can even play, without even talking about TeamSpeak and my tablet lol. Although its nice to use the buttons on the stick/throttle, its just as nice sometimes to say "prepare to dock" and have the landing gear automatically come down & landing lights come on :)

The one thing you might find mildly annoying is that while you can get the voice responses via VA (I use the HCS Voice Pack), this happens sometimes at the same time as the games in-built voice responses. I think you can turn those off though, but I prefer to have them on just "to be safe".

One thing you might like to do is to set up a series of music tracks via Voice Attack so I can say "play track 3" and it'll play an MP3 music file
or "play random" and it'll play a random track from my selection of good space trucking music.

I don't suppose it's powerful enough to somehow control Pandora in an off-screen (minimized?) browser window?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Power Distribution Commands?

Postby Loriath » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Schmobius wrote:
I don't suppose it's powerful enough to somehow control Pandora in an off-screen (minimized?) browser window?

Unless pandora can be controlled by command line controls or works with the Command Line Media Controller, then no. It does however work with the following:
Itunes - itunes
Spotify - spotify
Windows Media Player - wmplayer
VLC - vlc

It does this by using the CLMControl (Command Line Media Controller Program).
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “Tips and Tricks”