Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Gorf
Master
Master
Posts: 616
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:44 pm
CMDR: Hardy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby Gorf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:10 pm

GA - Great Annihilator - a large black hole near the galaxy core
Sag A* and variations - Sagittarius A* the supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy.
Image

User avatar
smartroad
Master
Master
Posts: 1376
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby smartroad » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:38 am

Gorf wrote:GA - Great Annihilator - a large black hole near the galaxy core
Sag A* and variations - Sagittarius A* the supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy.


Added! Along with OoM and SoM
Image
Image
Image
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Kay Ne
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:20 pm
CMDR: Julii
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby Kay Ne » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:10 am

Thanks very helpful!

Could anyone add abbreviations for the measurements used in ED like c (supercruise speed) or mm/Ls/LY(probably light years)for distance? I have no clue what those are.
Image

User avatar
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 2883
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:12 pm
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:37 am

C= Lightspeed. 1C is 1X the speed of light. 10C is 10X the speed of light.

LS = Light Second
LY = Light Year
MM = Mega Metre ie 5000 km is 5 Mm
Image
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Kay Ne
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:20 pm
CMDR: Julii
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby Kay Ne » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:34 am

Loriath wrote:C= Lightspeed. 1C is 1X the speed of light. 10C is 10X the speed of light.

LS = Light Second
LY = Light Year
MM = Mega Metre ie 5000 km is 5 Mm

Wow ok thanks
Image

User avatar
smartroad
Master
Master
Posts: 1376
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby smartroad » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Kay Ne wrote:Thanks very helpful!

Could anyone add abbreviations for the measurements used in ED like c (supercruise speed) or mm/Ls/LY(probably light years)for distance? I have no clue what those are.


I had missed C but LS and LY are in the list ;)

Added C and MM to spreadsheet. Will update list later.
Image
Image
Image
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Kay Ne
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:20 pm
CMDR: Julii
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby Kay Ne » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:50 pm

smartroad wrote:
Kay Ne wrote:Thanks very helpful!

Could anyone add abbreviations for the measurements used in ED like c (supercruise speed) or mm/Ls/LY(probably light years)for distance? I have no clue what those are.


I had missed C but LS and LY are in the list ;)

Added C and MM to spreadsheet. Will update list later.


Apparently I missed them :shock:
Image

User avatar
JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:01 pm
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby JustSomeGuy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:50 pm

CNB - Compromised Nav Beacon
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.
Image

User avatar
LionWalker
Novice
Novice
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:37 am
CMDR: LionWalker
CMDR_Platform: None Specified
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby LionWalker » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:46 am

smartroad wrote:Updated with ADS, IDS, BDS, SB and Asp note :)


Great list/sheet, thanks!

My suggestions:
- Add to the Asp explanation that it is (also) a snake species (like Sidewinder - Adder - Cobra - Viper - Diamondback - Keelback - Python - Anaconda)
- Split the list/sheet in two or three catagories, like ED game abrrevs and general forum abbrevs (like IMHO and RL)
Image

User avatar
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 2883
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:12 pm
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC
Contact:

Re: Abbreviations used in Elite Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:39 am

Now we need to add SRV, Buggy/Buggeh, Node, OC, Glide, POI, +,++,+++ :)
Image
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!


Return to “Tips and Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

i