Galaxy Map Markers.

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Galaxy Map Markers.

Postby AndyB » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:17 am

Hrdina wrote:
Skipp wrote: :P
Or at least systems I've discovered. After turning in your exploration data and seeing which systems you got first - that's it. There's no way in hell you could find a star system you've been into by just zooming on the map

Ever since I have started exploring, I have wanted a map filter to show me which systems I have already scanned.

not sure its quite what you're after as i haven't read the post yet but i saw something about an explorers tool for recording visited systems on the FD forums.

and after a brief search here it is:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65705
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:55 am

Skipp wrote:Unfortunately this only works in habitable space with docks with shipyards. Nothing for the explorers out there.

For example - I'd love to pin all the systems I've been to. Imagine zooming out and seeing your path of exploration :)

Or at least systems I've discovered. After turning in your exploration data and seeing which systems you got first - that's it. There's no way in hell you could find a star system you've been into by just zooming on the map

Also thinking about this today (galaxy map has pretty glaring oversights/brokenness in it)
Particularly search breaking when system names has more than two spaces in it.
And that's pretty much all of them.

So for the moment I have just been taking screenshots of the gal map with the system in question and the grid coordinates visible.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:44 am

AndyB wrote:
Hrdina wrote:
Skipp wrote: :P

Ever since I have started exploring, I have wanted a map filter to show me which systems I have alreadiy scanned.

not sure its quite what you're after as i haven't read the post yet but i saw something about an explorers tool for recording visited systems on the FD forums.

and after a brief search here it is:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65705

Thanks. What I am looking for is something in the Galaxy Map itself, either a filter or a coloring option to show which systems (or stars I guess) I have scanned or visited.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:30 am

Closest tool I have found is Captains Log. See my post about it here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2767

It logs the systems you explore, and you add your discoveries to it as you go. It has an overlay mode so it is easy to access in game.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “Tips and Tricks”