System priority question

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Lman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

System priority question

Postby Lman » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello.

I was reading somewhere that you should set certain systems to 0 priority while in combat, like your cargo bay (non needed systems). My question is, how do you do this? I know in the module section of the ships interface you can adjust the numbers, however, to me its ambiguous at best. I was just looking for a bit of clarification.

Also, is this something that has to be done before every combat situation? and then put back to the original setting? Or can I set it and leave it?

Thank you
Cmdr Lman

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Re: System priority question

Postby Flip » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:50 pm

The higher the number, the lower the priority. So start by setting everything to 1, then increase the numbers for the modules you want to be disabled when needed. It depends on the ship, but I usually have cargo hatch, fuel scoop, advanced and/or surface scanner and that kind of things set to 3, and FSD set to 2 so it starts charging first when I retract hard points.

Once you've set the priorities, they will be remembered until you change them again manually. Each ship has and remembers its own set of priorities.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Re: System priority question

Postby Darwin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:50 pm

1-5 with number 5 being the things that turn off first. You can also run 103% power or more with carefull juggling.
I usually turn off cargo hatch (and set to 5) - only needed for scooping cargo, not for loading starpprt purchases, which you are unlikely to do with hardpoints deployed.
Same for FSInterdiction (5), docking computer (5)
1 Thrusters, Power Distributor
2 Shield Gen, FSD
3 Life Support, Sensors, SCB, SCBoosters
4 lasers, cannons, KWS
5 DC, interdictor, fuel scoop, cargo

Cargo / Fuel scoop turned off when not in use.
Everyone has there own preferences and your milage may vary, but you can run over power budget by clever priority settings, or just turning off stuff you dont need in a hurry.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Return to “Tips and Tricks”