CG Conflict Zone Etiquette ??

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Octopoid
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Octopoid
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: CG Conflict Zone Etiquette ??

Postby Octopoid » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:35 pm

EDIT - just noticed the CG part, but I think my comments are still valid.

Complaining about "kill stealing" in an instance that continually spawns new opponents... that's so "not an issue" it's not funny. Really? /sigh I can see it being "more" of an issue in a RES where you are sitting waiting for targets much more often, and they are more varied (in my experience), but still it's a first world problem.

Seriously, I made 124,000 credits in about 10 minutes in a CZ, so what was one kill worth, 10k? And that's solo, if you are winged it's going to be less. And how, exactly, are you supposed to tell who has what targeted? Unless you stop what you are doing and try to see who's little white lines are going in what direction, then target each ship and see if i's a CMDR, then check... oh, sorry, I've fallen asleep ;) It's a WAR ZONE people, it's MEANT to be manic! If you've got time to do that sort of stuff you aren't playing the game. Might as well play Solitaire.

So just target the next one and get on with it. Who cares? :) There are going to be more targets than you can kill even if you stay there all night.

Having said that, if I went to a CZ or RES zone and there was already a wing there then and I didn't get an invite I would drop to either solo or my own little private group with just me and a mate in it. Just so I don't shoot someone by accident. But I've only been in one zone were there was anyone else, and we teamed up. I really enjoyed it, looking forward to the next one. Just need to shift this +10GMT time zone so I can be online with more people, seems to be very few players this side of the planet.

On the subject of targeting other CMDRS - I chose the Mobius group because I don't want shooting by other players when I don't expect it who have a ship that massively outclasses mine. NPC ships are all "kill-able" with my Vulture, so I can handle being shot at by any of them. I wouldn't intentionally target another CMDR in a CZ, and I certainly wouldn't blow them up if they were running away. I want to spend my time in the CZ blowing up the NPC's, not end up back at a station, paying out my credits, and then wasting my game time getting back to the action.. all because of a click on someone's joystick ? Nah, not for me.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:50 am

CMDR DancingLemur wrote:... I suggested to start shooting each other....

Saw that :)

Then I started getting an issue where my target was leaping around. Decided to go cash in my chips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfsWGnUgHOs
(audio sync is knackered for some reason)

Darkmoor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Darkmoor

Postby Darkmoor » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:47 pm

CMDR DancingLemur wrote:Today evening, it was mayhem in the CZ :D So many of us, not enough NPC targets, so I suggested to start shooting each other. :evil: It was like a hungry dog - plop, plop, plop, six NPC's spawned - pew pew pew...neeeext :lol: I say..if u can shoot and kill, do it, credits will not make themselves u know, no etiquette needed in this situation :P

Anyways, had a great time while winged up with CMDR DarkMoor.

Yesterday was my first time in CZ but fortunately when I went inside, there were only few commanders. So I tried leave other commanders targets but after few minutes there were more commanders then emeies.
So I was glad when CMDR DancingLemur arrived and we made a wing. After that situation escalate and it was really nice dogfight with crossfire everywhere. :mrgreen:

So if it is crowded then take what you can but be polite to others.
Everyone acted according this suggestion yesterday and there wasn't any conflict between commanders as I know.

Ottomic
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ottomic

Postby Ottomic » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:09 pm

I'd like to propose something after what I've seen in these last couple of days during the Volungu event.

- If you are on Mobius and doing a Community Event, be prepared to wing up. If you want to go solo, please go solo.
- If you are not on Teamspeak, please do drop a text message so everyone sees you.

- (and this is the main proposal) If there's already a wing fighting for a side, why not talk to the guys in the CZ and agree on not shooting each other and do the opposing side? That way you'll be trimming ships off each other's backs so all bonds go to the players instead of AI ships.
Last edited by Ottomic on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HI.
BYE.

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:25 pm

im all up for having a gentlemen's agreement, when I a conflict zone.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Gentlemen's agreement: Absolutely.
Ottomic: Absolutely. Though there are times where I enjoy hunting in Mobius while not really keen on winging up, for many reasons (and not very often). Like short on time, not really up to conversation or whatever. While I have never refused a Wing request up until now (well, mostly I requested to join in fact) and would likely not refuse it without reason in the future as well.

Kill stealing: That whole issue sounds a bit childish to me. I am happy when I finally get a juicy target in a RES and head for it; if another commander happens to shoot at it, so be it. The luckier or better gets the credits. Fine. I will not do "kill stealing" on purpose, and would try to move away as far as possible, but in crowded systems that is simply not always a possibility, and always looking whether another CMDR happens to head the same way is not really the main goal in hunting, is it? As for CZs, there are enough targets for everyone/for some "stolen" kills or the CZ is not worth it.
And by the way, I seriously doubt that kill "stealing" is the correct term. It is not "stealing", it is the system that for some reason gives the bounty to the last shooter (as far as I know). As long as one doesn't somehow try to get the last hit every time, I do not think the term is valid but misleading, and furthermore might be quite insulting.

Let's enjoy this game instead of getting a headache! Real life offers plenty of that. Or the main E : D forum, by the way.
Last edited by uvelius on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DancingLemur

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Ottomic wrote:- If you are on Mobius and doing a Community Event, be prepared to wing up. If you want to go solo, please go solo.

This. If there are many cmdr's in CZ it's always better to wing up, thus a small share of credits can go to everyone. Soloing in the CZ (with many cmdr's present) while playing in Group mode is pointless and only leads to accusations of kill stealing. Every time after entering the CZ I ask if someone wants to wing up, not many are willing thou. So If u r already in wing let others know. On the other side, I had superb sessions with some CMDR's while in wing. ;)

Return to “Tips and Tricks”