Tips and Tricks for a Brand New player

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Re: Tips and Tricks for a Brand New player

Postby Walter » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:52 pm

Loriath wrote:
Michael Connally wrote:I recently set up a command for 25% forward throttle. I have found it way more useful than I thought it would be. I use it during fuel scooping sometimes when I'm almost empty. I also use it when taking my time to fit the anaconda through the mail slot. It's also great while using the cargo scoop.

Nice. Do the same for 75% and you will never overshoot a target again. Hit it when you are 6-7 seconds from your target and it will auto adjust your speed so that you don't have to do a "Victory Lap" again unless you are like the rest of the A-Team and are often shooting soo much Bull that you end up doing the "Victory Lap" every second approach.

A 50% button is useful too - it sets the throttle to the optimum position for a turn in any direction. All three are especially useful in CZs and for scanning grouped astronomical items.

Ke-Ven O'Leary
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ke-Ven O'Leary

Postby Ke-Ven O'Leary » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Ive found Voice Attack VERY useful. You can set it up yourself or buy one of the excelent voice packs like Astra.
Its like having a third hand.
I can say "launch Chaff","reverse Thursters 50%","Throttle 50%","Launch Heatsink","Engage Supercuise" and at NO TIME did my hands leave my controls!

Very nifty

CMDR_Knuffi
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Knuffi

Postby CMDR_Knuffi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:29 pm

I found a very useful strategy for fighting npc especially when they interdict you.
1. Let them interdict, throttle to 0.
2. Four pips on engines, boost away to about 4 km distance.
3. Switch off assistant flight
4. Set thrust to 0.
5.Turn towards the foe. He should be able to slowly decrease the distance to you.
6. Full pips on shields.
7. Scan for warranties when he gets in range.
8. Throttle to full backwards.
9. Flight assistance on.
10. Move pips from shields to weapons and back to fast refill the weapons but mostly take care that your shield have most energy when the npc is attacking.

This way there is no flying across each other with turning over and over again and the npc is some kind of "baffled". I don't know how to explain it better.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Return to “Tips and Tricks”