FSD Interdiction Technique Advice

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
NeLs0n RaD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nelson Rad
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

FSD Interdiction Technique Advice

Postby NeLs0n RaD » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:28 am

Greetings Commanders

I've recently taken a pirate eradication contract which is requiring that I put my FSD Interdictor to work. The problem I'm having is that when I drop out of Supercruise after a successful interdiction I get a "hull integrity compromised" warning and my hull integrity meter shows 99%. Would appreciate any advice on how to get around this, as it has been costing several thousand credits each time to have this damage repaired after an interdiction and it is cutting into my profits.

Thanks and see you in the Black!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: FSD Interdiction Technique Advice

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:23 am

NeLs0n RaD wrote:Greetings Commanders

I've recently taken a pirate eradication contract which is requiring that I put my FSD Interdictor to work. The problem I'm having is that when I drop out of Supercruise after a successful interdiction I get a "hull integrity compromised" warning and my hull integrity meter shows 99%. Would appreciate any advice on how to get around this, as it has been costing several thousand credits each time to have this damage repaired after an interdiction and it is cutting into my profits.

Thanks and see you in the Black!

Receiving hull damage when you interdict another ship in a game mechanic. There is no way around if when you're the interdictor.

The bounty that you're receiving for the pirate kill should far outweigh your hull repair costs though. If it's not, then you may want to switch to a smaller combat ship (which will have smaller repair costs).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

NeLs0n RaD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nelson Rad
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Re: FSD Interdiction Technique Advice

Postby NeLs0n RaD » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:47 am

Thanks JohnLuke - the profits on the contracts far outweigh the hull repair costs, I was just whinin' ;) Appreciate you taking time to answer.

Regards,

Return to “Tips and Tricks”