feedback on my AX hunter krait please

Found the perfect trade route? Made a guide to the galaxy? Post it here!
Lance Corrimal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lance Corrimal
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

feedback on my AX hunter krait please

Postby Lance Corrimal » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:30 pm

https://polr.eregion.de/2/f774 this any good?

I haven't done any engineering or powerplay yet, so I figure this is as good as I can get for hunting tharoid scouts, right?
Lance Corrimal has been piloting various ships during the years, starting with an Ananke Nightshade Mk.IX.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: feedback on my AX hunter krait please

Postby uvelius » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:56 am

Nice one!
May I ask, what do you need the beams for? A Remote Flak might be good, even two for ammo reasons. In case the Flower gets you. Kraits tend to have a rather thin hull, so later a Guardian Shield Reinforcement might be a good idea.

I like my Dionaea uvelii Python, which also only had AX Multis and Flak until recently ... and even now, the Guardian Gauss is more for shooting exercises. No problem even against waves of Scouts, holds it's own against a Flower rush, but not as a Flower attack craft.
Inara Build

Lance Corrimal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lance Corrimal
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lance Corrimal » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:24 am

uvelius wrote:Nice one!
May I ask, what do you need the beams for?

basically, dunno - i based that build on what I've seen in youtube vids and twitchstreams, and pretty much every vid had at least one pair of non-ammo weaponry on the ship.

Besides, aren't the AX weapons limited to max 4 per ship? And I already have 3 AX miniguns... which by the way treat a tharg scout the way a hot knife threats a stick of butter. Love it.
Lance Corrimal has been piloting various ships during the years, starting with an Ananke Nightshade Mk.IX.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby uvelius » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 am

Ah okay, thanks! Well a Heat Vent engineered beam might be sensible. I am not 100% sure but damage-wise lasers are quite ineffective against Thargoid craft.

As for the AX limit, this doesn't apply to Flak, since that is no "strict" AX weapon.
A Flak only causes (some) damage to Scouts when aimed and timed with extreme precision, so it can be quite a lot of fun to use and a brilliant skills training :evil:

Return to “Tips and Tricks”